Ric?

(A/N - Bonnie feed Alaric her blood because the witches led her there and Alaric.)

We are family, after all

Elena's house

Elena's brush froze mid-stroke as her phone rang, disrupting the stillness of the room. With a furrowed brow, she answered the call, her tone wary. "Whoever this is, it's not funny," she warned, her voice laced with unease.

But the reply that came through the other end sent a chill down her spine. "Who else would it be?" Alaric's voice echoed through the phone, his words dripping with a sinister edge.

"Ric?" Elena's voice trembled with disbelief, her heart pounding in her chest as she struggled to comprehend the gravity of the situation.

"Listen closely," Alaric continued, his voice commanding and cold. "I'm at the school. And I have Isabella and Caroline. If you want to keep them alive, I need you to get into your car and come down here right away. If you tell anyone where you are going... I will kill them."

With a click, the call abruptly ended, leaving Elena reeling in shock and fear. The weight of Alaric's threat hung heavy in the air, a suffocating reminder of the danger that loomed over her loved ones.

---

School

The stale air of the classroom hung heavy with tension, a silent witness to the cruel dance of power unfolding within its walls. Isabella and Caroline sat bound to their chairs, their eyes burning with defiance even as Alaric prowled before them, a predator basking in the thrill of his dominance.

Caroline's muffled protests were drowned out by the sound of Isabella's voice, sharp and cutting despite the pain coursing through her veins. "Why don't you just kill me, huh?" Isabella spat, her words laced with venom as she glared defiantly at Alaric. "Why are you playing this petty little game?"

Alaric's smirk was a chilling echo of his amusement, a predator toying with his prey. "I could, but where is the fun in it?" he taunted, his voice a low rumble that sent shivers down Isabella's spine."What do you want from me?" Isabella demanded, her voice trembling with a mixture of fear and rage.

"You will tell me everything I want to know," Alaric declared, his words cutting through the air like a knife. "Every secret, every betrayal. And if you refuse... well, let's just say I have ways of making you talk."

Isabella's resolve remained unyielding, her defiance a beacon of strength in the face of Alaric's cruelty. "I will not tell you a thing," she vowed, her voice ringing with unwavering determination. "You. can. not. break. me."

Alaric's laughter echoed through the classroom, a cold, mocking sound that chilled Isabella to the bone. "We'll see about that," he sneered, his eyes gleaming with a sadistic glint as he advanced towards her, a cruel smile playing on his lips.