Run, RUN!

You will pay for this

Storage Locker

Damon sat in a dimly lit room on a worn sofa, the shadows dancing around him like specters in the flickering light. His voice, strained with frustration, echoed through the room as he spoke into his phone. "Bonnie just left. Rebekah should be here soon to pick up the body," he said, each word heavy with the weight of their precarious plan.

On the other end of the line, Stefan's voice cut through the silence, tense and determined. "I got Caroline and Elijah in place. Jeremy's gonna lead Alaric to us."

Damon's frustration boiled over, his tone laced with a sharp edge of resentment. "You just had to let her make the choice, didn't you?"The air in the room seemed to crackle with tension, each word hanging heavy in the stillness. The dim light cast long shadows across the worn furniture, adding to the sense of unease that permeated the space. 

Stefan's voice cut through the tense atmosphere, his tone measured yet tinged with a hint of defensiveness. "What would you have done, Damon?"

Damon's response was immediate, a torrent of emotion lacing his words with exasperation and desperation. "Grabbed her, gagged her, threw her in a well. I don't know, anything other than let her trust Elijah!"

A small chuckle escaped Stefan's lips, a fleeting moment of lightness in the midst of their turmoil. "You know she'd just hate you for it, right?"

Damon's tone shifted, his voice dropping to a somber register as he spoke with a sense of resignation. "Yeah, but she would be alive and she'd hate me. That's the eternal difference between you and me... brother."

Stefan sighed, the weight of their shared burden evident in his weary voice. "As soon as we get the stake, hand over the coffin and get out," he declared, his words filled with a steely resolve. "Alaric's got half the police looking for Klaus' car."

The conversation lingered in the air like a heavy fog, each word laden with the weight of their choices and the looming threat they faced. Their plan hung delicately in the balance, a fragile lifeline stretched thin against the encroaching darkness. As they prepared to move forward, the path ahead seemed fraught with danger, every step a precarious dance on the edge of disaster.

"Will do," Damon said, just as the elevator bell dinged. "Gotta go. The original sister's here." He ended the call and strode out of the dimly lit room, heading into the corridor with a confident swagger. "It's about time, sexy Bekks," he called out, his voice dripping with sarcastic charm.

Damon's confident stride faltered as a strong hand seized him from behind, wrapping around his throat with a relentless grip. Panic surged through him as he struggled against the vice-like hold, his eyes widening in recognition as he glimpsed his assailant's face. It was Alaric.