Vol 1 Chapter 5: The royal flush of diamonds

Yagami Light POV

After the ceremony in which it was dull, but I managed to listen to all of it.

Anyways, I was now currently making my way to my assigned class, which was Class 1-A. Coincidentily enough, I wasn't the only one that was going to Class 1-A as a friend of mine that I have known since elementary school is also here with me, her name was Victorique de Blois.

Like me, she came to this school for the 100% employee acceptance rate so that she could become a detective like me.

"Light, I have a question for you, if you don't mind me asking?" Victorique who was right beside me asked me.

"Sure, ask away Victorique." I said to her.

She then nodded and began to speak

"What were your thoughts on the other classes while the entrance ceremony was going on?" She asked me.

Well I wasn't fully paying attention to how the other classes were, but I did managed to glance at each of the classes.

Let's start with my class first, we all were paying attention to the ceremony. Class 1-B was the same except for a boy with black hair and girl with strawberry blonde ponytails were not paying attention. Then there was Class 1-C, half weren't listening and the other half were listening. Finally, there was Class 1-D where most weren't even paying attention, and I think I saw a guy there trying not to fall asleep.

"Well the behaviors from each class started from being the most diligent from us and then it started to get less and less diligent as Class 1-D showcased the worst behavior out of the 4 classes." I said to her.

It felt too much of a coincidence to be like that. Which makes me wonder if this was done intentionally, and if it was, then for what reason?

"I agree with you, and the way that it oddly correlates to the behavior and the assigned class order is too eerie to be considered a coincidence." She voiced out her concern.