FIVE

FIVE'S POV

I rushed out of Diego's apartment, the door slamming shut behind me. The cool night air wasn't enough to cool down the burning rage within me. I made my way to my car, each step fueled by anger. But also, the pain of betrayal. I slid into the driver's seat and the dim city lights reflected on the windshield. I drove away as fast as I could, hoping I could escape this pain. I squeezed the steering wheel. The rage was mounting in me. I glanced in the rearview mirror that framed the backseat of my car. In an instant, my mind started picturing the images of him and her together. Diego's words wouldn't stop echoing in my ears. The images of them wouldn't stop flashing before my eyes. The sound of her moans kept reverberating in my mind. I gripped the steering wheel even stronger, my knuckles turning white. His voice echoed louder and louder in my head.

"She's mine now, Five. You lost."

"I'm not sure you want the car back, brother. I just fucked Y/n in the backseat of your Bugatti."

"Fuck!" I punched the steering wheel, and a hollow thud ran through the car.

My eyes darted from the rearview mirror to the city ahead. My mind was in a frenzy. I was so fucking pissed. Fuming. Heartbroken. My heart was a wreckage. I felt like I was suffocating, and drowning in the sea of lies. This whole time while I'd desperately kept searching for Y/n, I was hoping we could still make it work. Hoping she would forgive me. I was hoping she would realize that despite it all, I did everything to protect her and that I... loved her. Truly. Deeply. And now, all I felt was a bitter taste of betrayal. Diego had seen my pain. He witnessed the torment, the agony I endured during these three fucking years. He saw how I was losing my mind, desperately searching for her.

Turns out, he knew where she was all along. Yet he never said a word. Instead, this whole fucking time, he was savoring the sight of my suffering. This whole time, he was plotting behind my back, satisfying his twisted desires. I'd always known Diego was jealous of me. Trying to prove himself better. More worthy. Deep down, I'd always known he would be capable of betraying me for his own advantage to achieve what he wanted. I tried to suppress these thoughts. I wanted to believe the blood ties meant more to him. Until now. He put a knife in my back. He shattered our brotherhood into irreparable pieces. But it was Y/n's betrayal that cut deep like a sharp knife, leaving a festering wound on my soul. I never supposed she would betray me like this. I thought what we had was real.

But not anymore.

The trust had been damaged. Our love was tainted. Broken. Beyond repair. I sped away, and the engine roared. I was hoping I could escape these haunting images.

I ended up in a nightclub, drowning my pain in yet another glass of whiskey. But the hummed conversations and the loud pounding music were not enough to drown out Diego's voice in my ears. The images still haunted my mind.

I leaned against the bar countertop. My gaze stuck onto the amber liquid as if it held all the answers to the questions running through my head. When did their relationship start? Was it after she vanished? Or perhaps it was long before? Perhaps something had ignited between them the first time their eyes met. It was so fucking twisted. My whole world was twisted. And now it had crumbled into a dark ruin, the burn of the alcohol was my only distraction.

"That's pretty fucked up." Kenneth's voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

I hadn't seen him in years, but after Y/n disappeared, I met him randomly in one of the clubs when I was drowning my pain out, like today. "Tell me about it."

I took another long sip of my whiskey that burned down my throat, but it was a pale imitation of the fire that consumed my soul.

How could I have been so blind?

A man in my line of business didn't wear his heart on his sleeve, but somehow, Y/n had found her way in. Then she buried deep and refused to leave. And now... she was tearing it apart.

Apparently, hearts, even as cold as mine, could still bleed.

"I've always known Diego was jealous of you, the twisted bastard. I could see it in the way he looked at you, but this..." Kenneth went on, but all I could hear was her sweet laughter. The memories of her smile, her smell, and her touch haunted me like ghosts.

"I'd always had an inkling that monogamy doesn't work." He snarled. "Come on, Five. Why focus on one woman when you can have fun with a different one each night? Stop with that good-boy attitude. It doesn't suit you." He patted my back. "Just look at those sexy kittens and forget about her. Let's bring the old Five back. All these hot women missed him."      

My fingers tightened around the glass as if trying to crush the pain. I finished the drink in one go. My gaze was stuck on the empty bottom. Fuck. I couldn't escape the truth. I still loved her. No amount of whiskey could make me forget. No amount of whiskey could heal the scars she left behind. I should've known better. I should've remembered that love was a luxury a man like me couldn't afford. Now I paid the price.

could heal the scars she left behind. I should've known better. I should've remembered that love was a luxury a man like me couldn't afford. Now I paid the price.

There she was. My next prey for tonight. Paige. An old fling that flickered back in the day. I knew she had a crush on me, but back then, I wasn't on the market. It was all about the chase. Like it was now.

She had noticed me too. Her gaze locked onto mine, and a seductive smile tugged her lips. Her medium-toned skin seemed to glow in the club's dim lighting, accentuated by the goldish color of her tight strap dress, which hugged every curve of her body. After a moment of hesitation, she walked in my direction. She weaved through the crowd, her hips swayed, matching the sultry flicker in her gaze. She had a way of moving that drew attention. The kind of bold confidence that bordered on audacity.

"Five. It's been a while." Her voice cut through the loud music thumping.

My head cocked. "Time flies."

She chuckled softly, tucking her long, straight deep brown hair behind her ear. "You're aging like a fine wine," she purred like a cat. Her fingers traced down the lapel of my suit.

"Sadly, wine doesn't erase the past."

Her eyes narrowed at me for a brief moment. It seemed like she was trying to read my face, inch by inch. "Oh, looks like someone needs a distraction." She nibbled her lip, her blue eyes flickering between mine.

Damn right. I need a distraction.

I was a wreck. I needed an escape from the heartache that kept consuming me. Even if just temporary. I let myself swim in the lust flooding her eyes. My gaze dropped down to her lips, painted a deep shade of red. I couldn't resist the temporary respite she could give me. Her seductive smile and eyes full of desire were my temporary fix. In this world, nothing was permanent anyway.

"Let's see if I can help you erase the past." Her lips brushed against my ear.

"Very well." My hand landed on hip, and she gasped.

I led her to my car. The very same in which, just a few hours prior, my brother fucked the woman I loved.

________________

Question Of The Day!!

"What's your favorite ice cream favor?"

Mine: Call me a kid if you want, but I LOVEEE Cotton Candy favor ice cream. It's very very delicious and underrated!!

_______________

Words Written:

1374