SEVENTEEN

FIVE'S POV

Mommy, wear something pretty?" Ezra shouted through the door as Y/n was getting ready in the hotel bathroom.

It was the last day of our vacation, and I had something special planned.

I wore a black suit and shirt, my usual choice. We dressed Ezra in a black suit as well that made him look like his dad. Eventually, Y/n went out of the bathroom with a sultry swirl, and I froze. She was gorgeous. She wore a black silk dress with thin, glittery silver straps crossing on her bare back. Her chocolate waves, left loose, complemented her sultry makeup.

"Wow. You are a beauty queen," I whispered, my gaze still stuck on her.

"Stop it, I'm no beauty queen." She blushed.

This woman was unbelievable. She was such a goddess, and yet she remained so shy and humble. "I wish you could see yourself with my eyes, Y/n."

She smiled softly, our gazes locked. It felt like time stood still. She was perfect. I adored everything about her. Her radiating smile, the way she giggled softly every time she was embarrassed, or how her eyes would sparkle when she looked at Ezra. On top of it, she was so beautiful.

"You're so beautiful that I can't even let you out of my sight for a minute because there's always someone sneaking up on you," I said.

Y/n whispered, "Then don't let me out of your sight. Never."

I slowly approached her, tilting her chin with my fingers, and her eyes flickered between mine. "I won't. I don't want to lose you ever again." I leaned in to kiss her, but before I could do so, Ezra exclaimed in joy.

"Mommy, Daddy, I love you!"

I chuckled, pulling away. Y/n licked her lips as if tasting our almost kiss, her cheeks blushing. I faced Ezra, who ran to me, and I lifted him. "We love you, too. So much." I teased the tip of his nose, and he laughed. "Will we be together now? Mommy, you and me?" he asked, and I nodded.

"We will, my love. From now on, we'll always be together."

"Promise?"

"I promise."

_______________________________

I held Ezra close as we came off my yacht, his giggles echoing in my ears became my favorite kind of music. Y/n's eyes shimmered as she looked around the private island I'd brought them to, her gaze flickering between the candlelit path of roses petals and me. I grinned at her, pointing to the trail of rose petals she followed, her beauty glowing in the soft moonlight.

Fuck. It has to be my favorite sight in the world.

I watched her gasp, her eyes filling with tears of happiness as she looked at the romantic arrangement before us. The table I had decorated earlier with roses and twinkling candles, making sure it looked like something out of a fairy tale. Magical. She deserved nothing less.

Y/n turned back to me to find me on one knee. I must admit my heart hadn't been racing like this in a very long time now. I held out the velvet box, Ezra bouncing beside me in excitement.

"Five, wh—" Y/n giggled. She was clearly touched.

"Y/n, I've never been more certain about anything in my life than I am certain about my love for you. I want nothing more than to build a future together, to create a family with you and our son."

I opened the velvet box, and she gasped, her eyes glimmered. This time, I'd chosen a black diamond ring with a glimmering diamond tiara. Black diamonds symbolize resilience, just like our love would last forever. Transformation as our lust transformed into the purest of loves. Lastly, they're believed to bring protection and healing, and I swore to protect Y/n, our son , and our family with my life. Y/n was the only woman who could heal my dark soul. She was a cure for my tainted heart. She was the beauty shining bright in the darkness, lighting up the path that led me to her. Always, her. I was certain that even if things would get rough, she would always be my light guiding my way back home to her, and our daughter, our family. The tiara was to remind her she was the Queen of my Heart.