Chapter 14

After a few weeks of my friends becoming friends with James I got a little happier, until one shocking day at school that changed my life forever.

It was lunch and it was taco Wednesday, I know, our school is weird. Why wouldn't you have tacos on a Tuesday or a Thursday? But no, we have chicken on those two days, but I like it because I love chicken.

"Hey." Alex said excitedly as I sat down with C.J, I still haven't answered him yet. I just don't know, I like James and C.J, but I feel as if James would never see me as a girlfriend.

"Hi." I said back.

"So, I have news." She said and she looked really happy, I'm sure that whatever it is it obviously makes her happy.

"Then tell us." I said with a smile.

"I'm dating James." She said and my world went crashing down. My heart stopped and my smile turned into a look like I wanted to kill her. I slid my food across the table and left the cafeteria, hell I walked out of the school and went home.

I couldn't deal with that, James is supposed to be mine. I know he doesn't know how I feel about him but still. He's my friend and I met him first. I soon made my way inside the house and Nick was home.

"Why are you home from school?" He asked curiously.

"Fuck off." I told him and went downstairs in my room, I slammed the door shut and crawled into bed and cried my eyes out until Nick came in my room.

"Jenna what's wrong?" He asked as he sat on my bed.

"Nothing, just get out." I said while I hid under all of my blankets.

"Come on speak to me." He said. I guess I should just tell him.

I came out of my blankets and told him everything that had happened. How I fell for my best internet friend, and now my best friend in real life is dating him and all I want to do is punch her.

"Jenna, it will be ok. He will eventually see how amazing you are and then he'll end up falling for you too." He said.

"You're lying, people don't like me." I said, tears still streaming down my face.

"That's not true." He said and he gave me a hug.

"Everything will fall into place eventually." He said and left my room and I was left alone.

I punched my pillow and continued to cry. I squeezed my hair, causing pain which I liked. Any pain is better than having your heart ripped out. I cried for hours straight until James texted me.

"Hey." Was all he said. I read his message but never replied. I didn't want to talk to him, or anyone for that matter.

"Hey, are you ok?" He asked again, about five minutes later and I read it again and I saw he was still typing.

"Alex told me what happened at school." I read it and then deleted kik. I couldn't speak to him or Alex right now. I couldn't deal with life.

"I know what I'll do." I said to myself and texted C.J

"Yes." Was all it said. I said yes. I needed someone to distract me and I know that C.J would distract me from my crappy life.

"Who is this?" He asked.

"Jenna." Was all I said.