Chapter 25

*James POV*

I miss her so much and I love her so much, long distance is hard, but it's just empty space that needs to be filled.

My parents aren't home for a week, they went to South Carolina for some reason they won't tell me. So I took that as an opportunity to go visit Jenna, my love.

She's seriously the best thing that has ever happened to me, she's keeping me alive and without her, I wouldn't know what to do. I'd hate to imagine my life without her. She's my one and only, she's my forever.

I got in my car and put her address in the GPS and started to drive. It's not that long of a drive, only two hours, since we live in the same state.

After a long two hour drive, filled with music. I finally arrived at Jenna's house. Her house is beautiful, but not as beautiful as she is.

I got out of my car and walked up to the front door and knocked on it. A guy opened it up.

"Does Jenna Jackson live here?" I ask.

"Yes, who is asking?" He asked.

"James." I said.

"Oh, I'm her brother. She actually isn't home, she hasn't been home in a couple days. She's at her friends house which is just across the street." He said, pointing at the exact location to which my love is at.

I ran over there, overly excited to meet her for the first time in person. When another guy answered the door.

"Is Jenna Jackson here?" I asked and he said no in a very mean way.

I got the sense that he was hiding something by the way a different person came from behind him saying something about a girl and then got suddenly quiet when he realized I was there.

"Bye." He said and slammed the door in my face, I stood there dumbfounded.

"If my girlfriend is in there and they're keeping something from me, then I know what I must do." I said to myself.

I knocked on the door once again and the same guy opened it up.

"Look buddy, I don't know who you are, or who you're looking for but just go away." He said and I punched him in the face hard. He fell straight to the ground and he passed out.

"I have little time. I need to find her." I said as I ran inside. I looked in the living room, in the kitchen, everywhere, until I heard screaming.

I ran towards the screaming, it was downstairs. I ran downstairs only to find myself with the other guy kissing my girlfriend. I shoved him off of her and beat him up, until he passed out as well.

I'm not the type to get into fights, I hate fighting, but I'll fight for what's right.

I noticed Jenna sitting there crying. I unchained her and carried her bridal style. I took her over to her house and her brother cleaned her up. She was pretty bloody and I don't know why.

I called the police and they arrested the two guys who kept my girl hostage.

Jenna washed the blood off of her and she got dressed. I waited on the couch and prayed that she was alright.

"I'm sorry you had to see me like that for the first time." She said shyly. It's so cute when she's shy, she's shy in person as she is on camera.

"It's alright, can you explain to me what happened though?" I asked as I hugged her and brought her over to the couch.

"The tall guy, Jake, he was my kidnapper and he fell in love with me but he left the country a few years ago and set me free. Then this year his little brother, C.J, which I didn't know was his little brother, became my friend. He's popular and I didn't understand why he was my friend. Now I know why." She said as she took a deep breath and I let her continue.

"They both fell in love with me and they both wanted me. C.J pretended to be my friend and they wanted to marry me. They wanted to have a normal life with me, but they abused me. How is that normal?" She asked as she cried.

"I don't know." I said as I hugged her and held her as she cried. I want to make her pain stop, it hurts me to see her like this.

"Jenna I know this is crazy but I need to protect you better, I need to make your pain stop. Come back to Galloway with me and live with me." I said. I don't know why I said it but I did. I needed to be there for her when she needs me. I need to protect her, and the only way to do that is to have her live with me, or I live with her. But she won't be safe in this town, so she needs to come with me. I need to be her hero.

"Yes." She said and my world melted.

Jenna is going to live with me and I'm going to be her hero.
------------------------------------
AN: please read, it's important.

Hey guys, this is the end of 'Out of My Reach.' There will be a sequel, I don't know when, but I know there is going to be one.

I wanted this book to be longer originally but I felt like I was dragging this out way too long. I wanted James and Jenna's relationship to stand out, I wanted to make a message and say that long distance is hard, but you'll over come it, and that never happened and I'm sorry. In the sequel their relationship will stand out more because they will be together, but I wanted it to stand out in this one more because of the long distance.

So I ended the book, I wanted the ending to be how it is and I'm not changing it. I thought of the ending of the book before I thought of the beginning, that's why I had to rewrite this book five times before publishing it.

I chose to end it because I can't think straight, along with the dragging out thing. I'm not in the best place right now and I didn't want to make this a depressing book. I hope you guys understand my decisions and respect them.

Love, Shelby