Chapter 18

I ended up falling asleep and I woke up to knocking on my door and it was Nick.

"Jenna, you can't just date someone to get back at someone else. I see the way C.J looks at you and I can tell he cares a lot about you. If you keep this up you're going to break his heart." I said and I felt terrible.

"What do you want me to do?" I asked.

"You need to break up with him before it gets out of hand." He said.

"Fine." I groaned and texted C.J. I asked if he could come over and talk.

He was over in less than five minutes. He walked through my bedroom door and he sat in front of me.

"What's wrong?" He asked. I grabbed his hands and I felt terrible that I had to 'break up' with him.

"Look C.J, I like you and everything. I just don't think I can continue to be your girlfriend because I'm in love with someone else and I feel like I'm using you." I said honestly and started crying.

"It's ok Jenna, it really is, I knew something was bothering you and now I know, but can we still be best friends like how we used to be?" He asked and I was shocked he was taking this so well.

"Yeah."

"Can we cuddle for one last time?" He asked.

"Yes." I said smiling.

"And um, can I give you a goodbye kiss? Considering I never gave you a proper kiss." He asked and I let him, I mean why not? It's our last time 'being together.'

He pulled me closer to him so I was now sitting in his lap and he put his hand on my cheek and kissed me. It wasn't a kiss that was full of lust and hunger. It was a kiss full of love, he truly loved me and I'm ruining everything.

Things got a little heated when he put his hands on my hips, but under my shirt. I pulled away from him and rested my forehead against his forehead.

He sighed and gave me a quick kiss on the lips again.

"Thank you." He said with a smile. "Do you want to cuddle now?" He continued.

"Yeah, I'd like that." I said.

I would've let the kiss continue but I couldn't. He's a good kisser but I couldn't go on.

He laid down on his side and I laid down on my side. He pressed me up against him and tightened his arms around me.

"C.J?" I asked, trying to get his attention.

"Yes Jenna." He said.

"You're a good kisser." I said and that caused him to chuckle.

"Thank you." He said as he kissed the top of my head.

"No problem." I said and closed my eyes, relaxing.

"Good night beautiful." He said and I smiled.

"Good night C.J."