77. A Disturbing Request

As Alyssa moves through the corridors Ser Noah walks a step behind her, his vigilant presence offering reassurance. The castle buzzes around them, the halls filled with an afully high numer of lords, ladies, and servants going about their duties. There were too meny, much to Alyssa's dismay and judging by Noah's face, he did not like it ether.

Her mind is as allways preoccupied with the health of her daughter, and her expression reflects concern and determination.

"How is her condition?" she enquires of Ser Noah, trying to hide her apprehension. "Has her fever worsened since yesterday?"

Ser Noah responds with a gentle reassurance, "I visited the princess just the other day, your highness, and from what I have heard her condition remains the same."

That wasn't what Alyssa had wanted to hear, it meant that she hadn't gotten worse or better.

Dissatisfied and frustrated, she her journey towards Aelys's room, her concern for her daughter lingers in her thoughts. The bustling castle halls and the concerned glances from courtiers and guards do not escape her notice, further intensifying her anxiety.

"Time is of the essence," she says softly to herself, her fingers intertwining nervously.

Ser Noah senses her distress and steps closer, offering a subtle gesture of comfort and protection. Alyssa acknowledges him with a grateful nod, their steps matching perfectly in this moment of shared concern.

Suddenly Alyssa slows her pace, her concern for her daughter still lingering at the forefront of her thoughts. Ser Noah walks beside her, his presence a comforting presence in her anxious state.

"Did you speak with Lord Larys?"

She noticed that as soon as she mentioned Lord Larys, Ser Noah's expression turned guarded. Like he had hoped to avoid this topic, yet the mention of the sly Lord had brought it back into focus.

"Yes, Princess, I did"

"And what did he say?" Alyssa asked, her curiosity piqued.

"His lordship will be joining you Tonight. So you may discuss the current problems" Ser Noah replied carefully Quoting what larys had said to him. "He suggested that it is wise to tread cautiously in such matters."

She frowned slightly, sensing there was something Ser Noah wasn't telling her. She felt a sense of unease, knowing that Larys' advice often came with strings attached.

With this came that uncomfortable feeling that there was more to Ser Noah's words than he was revealing. His guarded manner and the mention of Lord Larys sent a sliver of unease through her. Yet, she knew the importance of remaining composed and focused on her current task. Instead of pressing Ser Noah further, she let out a soft sigh, resolving to trust his judgment for now.

The door to Aelys's chamber opened swiftly and the two entered the room, the air thick with herbs and other scents. She was already stressed as it was when she walked into the chamber and saw Lord Larys sitting on her chair next to the bed. Watching her sleeping daughter with his hands resting on his cane.

The sight was unsettling, as he watched her sleeping daughter with a knowing gaze. Her suspicion intensified, and she couldn't help but wonder about the true nature of his presence.

"Lord Larys," Alyssa greeted him politely, although her tone held an undertone of wariness. "I didn't expect to find you here, at this time"

His presence in her daughter's chambers added an unsettling layer to her already anxious state. Memories of Aegon's warning about the man resurfaced, reminding her of the need for caution. The sight of him seated in the chair she usually occupied added resentment to her growing list of concerns, and she felt the urge to remove him from that position.