11

"What next?" Brian asked, just as he finished the hundredth take of his guitar solo.

"That was pretty damn good." Freddie said. "Brilliant. I love that."

"Press the button Freddie." Brian said, deaf to anything Freddie had just said.

"Knock knock." He started again. "It's good, you know, play it like you wrote it."

"Well i did i write that part."

"Taking the piss."

Brian laughed. "Are you happy?"

"i think it's beautiful." He said. "Almost perfect."

"Almost?"

Hyacinth let out a quiet giggle at that, Freddie had already made him redo the solo many many times and now Brian was starting to get a little annoyed.

"Yes, give it more rock and roll."

"Well i'm always up for that Fred."

"Put your body into it."

Brian chuckled. "Alright, okay, put my body into it."

"Not like that!"

"No i got it, i got it, a bit more soul."

"Give it more heart."

As Brian started again Roger lit yet another cigarette, not noticing the glare he was receiving form Hyacinth, well, not until she kicked him.

"Oh, i'm sorry, did you want one?"

Although she was not big on cigarettes, the sooner Roger ran out, the sooner she wouldn't have to sit in a smoke filled room, so she took one and immediately blew smoke into Roger's face.

"With my own cigs? Really?"

"Oh please, that's how it feels being the one sat next to you all the time."

She rolled her eyes and he gave her his signature smirk, leaning back in his seat.

"The operatic section?" Brian questioned.

"I know, it sounds crazy-"

"I love it Fred."

Roger and Hyacinth both glanced at each other.

"Operatic.. section?" She mumbled, though there was a hint of a smile on her face.

"Sounds fun." Roger nodded, and they both listened as Brian began playing again.

Hyacinth took a long drag of her cigarette and started coughing, catching the attention of only Roger as the rest of the room were far too focused on Brian's guitar.

He placed a hand on her back and handed her a bottle of water.

Once the coughing had stopped she took another, much smaller, drag of her cig and Roger chuckled.

She failed to hold back a smile and quietly laughed as he too took another puff.

"This is why they say smoking kills." She said.

"Right, and killing me is your job."

"Mhm." She nodded, and leaned over him to grab her can of coke off the table.

As she sipped it she felt eyes on her, but due to his sunglasses she couldn't tell if Roger was staring at her or not.

She decide to go with her gut and ask "Are you staring at me, Mr Taylor?"

"Yes i am, Mrs Taylor."

"That's Miss Morse, actually." She whacked his arm.

"What's wrong with being Mrs Taylor?"

"Well you're with a new girl every night, and i'm not an open marriage kinda girl." She nodded as he continued staring at her.

A smirk formed on his face as he took a puff of his cigarette, before taking hers out of her hand and putting it out.

"Hey!"

"Smoking kills."

"You have a cigarette in your hand right now."

"That's a good point." He nodded and took yet another hit before she took it from between his fingers.

He chuckled and she watched as he grabbed his pack, lightning another one and taking his seat back next to her.

She threw her leg over his and he rested his hand on her thigh, as they both joined the rest of the room in listening to Brian play.