( 56 )

"come in!!" jake yells as his next patient just knocked on the door. he's so busy with some paper work that he does not see the patient come inside. before he knows his chair gets turned around and a figure places themselves on his lap. "wha-"

"ow doctor please help me, ever since you left to work my stomach has been hurting a lot, i'm just constantly thinking about you and the more i think the more it hurts" they say and look into jake's eyes with puppy eyes. they lean in more and smile lightly. "can you help me?"

"of course i can baby" jake says with a grin and kisses heeseung softly. the other immediately reacts and kisses him back with a bit more passion. he slowly wraps his arms around the others waist to pull him even closer onto his lap. but after some seconds he back away for a bit. "i think it are butterflies in your stomach but aren't i making them worse now?"

"worse yeah but it feels way better now" heeseung smiles and kisses jake again but this time deeper. he wraps his arms around jake's neck and strangles one of his hands in jake's hair, making the other let out a slight moan. heeseung grins into the kiss and wants to deepen it even more but then the door gets opened, making the two back away.

"gosh i really should knock" danielle says in slight shock and chuckles while closing the door a bit. "i just wanted to say that your department needs you right now, don't worry you can take the time off here"

"thank you danielle... and yeah please knock next time" jake says and he sees danielle closing the door. the two look at each other and start laughing. "that's why it's risky at work"

"oh well, it was danielle, it could've been worse but uh you should go" heeseung says and gets off of jake's lap. jake gets up and gets out of the room, heeseung just following him because he knows what will happen. once jake arrives at his department he sees no one, which is crazy because it's always busy in here. "hello?"

"surprise!!!!!!!" everyone suddenly yells and jake can't believe his eyes. he looks around with a big smile as he sees all his colleagues together. heeseung wraps an arm around him and gives him a document.

"what is this?"

"open it babe" heeseung says and jake immediately opens it. he reads everything and his mouth falls open, after reading it for about 5 times he still doesn't believe it. with big eyes he looks at heeseung, making him chuckle. "amazing huh? you're chief resident now"

"me? chief resident?? that's crazy! i'm here for not that long tho"

"but you've showed us many times that you can take you lead, you'll be one of the best chief residents that we've ever had" felix says and jake really can't believe what he's hearing.

"wow, oh my, thank you all so much for this opportunity, i won't disappoint you all, i really love this job and i'll do my very best, you all have supported me so well these past months and i'm really happy to be a part of this hospital family" jake says with a bright smile. this was the best decision he has ever made and it was the way he has met the love of his life. even through ups and downs he still has reached the best part of his life and it can get only better. "heeseung"

"mhm?"

"i love you"

"i love you too, my doctor"