50 - How I've Longed For You (M)

Synthia

Huh?

W-Where am I?

My eyes slowly fluttered open and the sunlight instantly crept in. As a reflex, I raised my arm to cover my line of sight and I would remove them later once my eyes had completely adjusted to the brightness.

At this point, I finally have a clear view of what I was looking at;

The vast and endless skies of Teyvat.

I then started to move my hands and fingers, trying to get a feel of what I am laying on.

Grass; tall blades of grass.

The sensation then instantly gave me a familiar memory and once realization set in, my eyes widened in shock.

"The meadows," I jolted up and turned my head from side to side to look for a known face.

"Chisato?" I called out. Her name was the first thing to pop in my head once I discerned where I was. I mean, the meadows were the first place I ever saw her so, I assumed she was around. Although, my expectations fell short. As I continued to call out her name, no one seemed to answer me at all.

The only sound I heard as a response to my calls were the sounds of a melody being created by a flute.

The hymn sounded so relaxing. It gave me a comfortable and tranquil feeling. I focused on the sound and noticed that it was coming from a stranger who was sitting by the edge of the cliff.

I titled my head in confusion before carefully standing up on my own two feet. I then began to cautiously approach the stranger gradually sensing a familiar aura coming from him.

The man stopped playing the flute and chuckled. "Oh, you're awake."

That voice...

I stopped once I was just a few feet away from him.

"How are you feeling?" He asked before deciding to turn around to face me.

I gasped once I saw who it was and tears instantly pooled my eyes.

"A-Asato," I sobbed and without hesitation, I jumped into his arms and he happily accepted me, wrapping me in his warm embrace that I so miss.

"My dearest sibling," He whispered near my ear as he buried his face deeper into my neck. I did the same allowing me to catch a whiff of his scent that made me experience those nostalgic memories. Asato then pulled away and cupped my cheeks, wiping away my tears with his thumbs.

"Now, now. You look horrible when you cry," He teased. I chuckled at him as I cried before hugging him again.

"I am so happy to see you," I whimpered, hugging him tightly.

The feeling that I felt at that very moment felt so real yet at the same time, I could not shake away the thoughts that all of these were nothing but just a mere dream.

And I was right.

As I began to wrap my mind about it, I told myself that I was now staring at nothing but the remnants of Asato's being; his spirit.

I pulled away from the hug and frowned, looking down at my hands.

I somehow knew that everything was just too good to be true.

"What's the matter?" I felt Asato lift my chin up, making me gaze into his black raven eyes that I missed so dearly. I inspected his face.

I could still see the freckles that dotted the bridge of his nose and his cheeks as well as the mole that sat near the edge of his jaw. Everything on his face was the same as I remembered it, every single one of the marks and scars he has gained until his death.