52 - Beyond An Illusion (I)

+Everything here is but an Illusion of an alternate future or the past+
+
+
+
+

Synthia

My eyes opened as the sunlight crept through the window. Upon my awakening, the birds chirped and I was greeted by a gentle kiss of breeze on my exposed skin.

I slowly rose up from the bed, feeling myself get slightly light-headed as I carefully recollect myself.

Where am I? I thought as my eyes began to wander around the room where I was in. At some point, the room seemed familiar but at the same time, it felt like I did not recognize it at all. The memory seemed clear but at the same time foggy. These contradicting thoughts I was having were surely not helping with the headache I was feeling now.

I then carefully removed the blanket on my body and threw my legs at the side of my bed.

I somehow feel this unexplainable feeling in my chest. It is as if something was weighing down on me and I do not know the reason.

I looked down at my hands. They looked real. I didn't know what to expect but somehow, a part of me was telling that none of these were real but here I am. I was looking at myself, my own flesh. I am real. Am I?

Sooner or later, the silence that enclosed me was then disturbed when a familiar voice called out my name.

A small child then entered the room and he was being shadowed by the only guy I ever loved. Ga-Ming.

I looked over to him and he had a huge smile on his face. His hair was still tied up in his usual half up but he seemed to be no longer wearing his usual jacket and harem pants. He was already wearing the traditional Liyue outfit and the color of his fit seemed to interestingly fit the color of both his hair and eyes.

"Mommy," The child chirped happily. My eyes widened at the child's call. I have a son. How come it feels like I can't remember it at all?

I looked at the child and he was the splitting image of Ga-Ming. The child was surely his sone

The child then came to my side, jumping into the bed before nestling himself on my chest. All I did was hug him and give him a small peck on his forehead to which the young one enjoyed.

Later, Ga-Ming came to my side as well, planting a kiss on my lips.

"You're finally awake," He whispered softly before holding my cheek. "How are you feeling?"

At that moment, I didn't know why I couldn't answer him right away. I did feel fine but at the same time, I felt really odd, so odd I could not find the words to explain it.

"Do you still have a headache?" Ga-Ming asked, sweeping a stray hair away from my face and tucking it behind my ear. The sensation of his warm palm against my cold skin made me flinch for a moment.

I then looked at him and shook my head in a disagreeing manner.

"Is everything okay?" Ga-Ming moved closer to me and watched me intently. I was hesitant to answer him so, I avoided eye contact.

This feeling...

Unexplainable...

I don't know why but it feels like I shouldn't be happy now. Even though I could see both the love of my life and my son, it still feels like I was missing something inside.

"Mom?" The child's voice lingered in my ears. I then looked down to see him gazing at me with concern in his eyes.

I held his cheek and pinched it slightly. "My dear Asato," I cooed and the child giggled happily.