54 - The Beginning of An End (I)

Synthia

[Hmmm hm hm hmmm...]

[La la la la hmmm...]

That voice...

[La da da da hmmmm hm hm hmm...]

My eyes slowly opened only to be greeted by the vast and endless skies of Teyvat. A familiar scene.

What am I doing here again?

[Flashes]

"Mommy,"

(Those sweet calls.)

(I- How come I could not recognize it.)

"Are you okay, my love?"

"You're illness is getting worse each day,"

And I could see a frown on Ga-Ming's lips before the whole scene changed entirely again, as if the world around me started glitching.

"Hey sis, are you okay?"

Asato? Is that- how are you still alive?

"An odd aura indeeed. It is as if you're a figment,"

A figment? What do they mean?

And then I felt a strong pang in my forehead causing me to wince in pain.

[End of flashes]

I squinted my eyes shut, hoping that it would shake away the odd feeling. I then slowly rose up from my lying position only to feel myself slightly light headed. There and then, the memories of my dreams came flooding down at me once again.

The illness, the child... Even Asato.

What was all that about?

All of those flashes didn't make any sense to me at all.

"I'm glad you're awake,"

I gasped before looking over the direction of the voice. My eyes the fell to what seem to be a fading image of my mother, Chisato.

She was sitting on a stone stool, holding a teapot as she poured a generous amount of tea on a cup which was sitting on the stone table.

"What happened?" I weakly said. "I feel so, light headed," I groaned, massaging my temples with my two fingers.

"It's just a residue of a spell I casted on you. Do not fret." Chisato replied.

"A spell?" I raised a brow. "What do you mean?"

She remained silent for a few moments before deciding to speak again.

"Why don't you come over here so we could talk clearly, yes?" She smiled at me sweetly. I was hesitant for a moment but my feet still brought me towards her. I then sat on the stool beside her.

"What's going on?" I asked as soon as I sat down. "Why am I getting these flashes?"

"Well, like what I said, the feeling you are experiencing now is a residue of my spell," She said. "The spell I casted on you put you in a slumbered state, undisturbed, and I let you dream of an alternate reality."

My eyes widened.

"The spell was supposed to be something that can never be broken," Her eyes narrowed as she looked down at the still tea that filled the cup.

I just gazed at her, confused about what she was referring to.

I tried my best to wrap my head around it but my brain feels so groggy. I can't seem to process things as they are.