56 - The Beginning of An End (III)

(Longest Chapter Ahead)
+
+
+
+
++++

Synthia

As I approached the mouth of a cave that led to Akio's laboratory, I could not help but feel my stomach turn. At the same time, I could not help but feel so heartbroken after just witnessing the passing of my real mother.

There were so many emotions and the first thought that came to my mind was to run away. At this point, I just want to disappear. A lot of events happened in just a short period of time and who would have thought it turned for the worst.

I looked down at my hands and I could feel them tremble. The anxiety was growing strong. I wasn't sure if I would be strong enough to actually defeat my own father. What if I couldn't defeat him at all? What if I couldn't stop all of these? Then the death of my mother will just be all for naught.

"Hey," I felt Ga-Ming nudged his elbow on my waist making me flinch for a quick second. My head then turned towards his direction, catching him smiling at me. "Nervous, are we?" He giggled, walking closer to me.

I gave him a small smile before shrugging my shoulders. I just didn't want to put too much thought into it or it would completely disrupt my concentration on the problem at hand.

"There it is." Akihiro pointed at the mountain ahead. Even if we were in a good distance, I could feel the tremendous energy coming out from the seal. Other than being tremendous, it was ominous.

"Heads up! Rift hounds are coming!" Akihiro yelled out as loud as he could before summoning his sword. He then sprinted, turning into water as he did so before appearing in front of a Rift Hound, slashing through it with his sword.

I too, summoned my sword as well as wind blades, throwing them toward the Rift Hounds that are now gradually surrounding us. Once the blades were in place, I teleported in each one of them, slashing through them with one move.

Ga-Ming, on the other hand, infused himself with pyro energy while Man Chai took his side. He would then plunge against the enemies while the Suanni tried to rip off the hounds with his bare teeth.

In a short while, we were able to eliminate much of the Rift Hounds but as the ominous energy grew stronger, the number of Hounds grew larger as well.

"Is everyone okay?" Akihiro asked, holding his hand over his hip.

I walked over to Ga-Ming who was now gasping for air. Man-Chai then reverted back into his normal form and perched on Ga-Ming's shoulder.

"Yes, we are okay." Ga-Ming grinned at Akihiro before looking at me. He then offered his hand to me and I gladly took it in mine.

"Don't push yourself too much." I mumbled, caressing his cheek.

"I will be fine." He kissed my knuckles before shooting a wide smile. "We are close to ending this. I can't back down now."

I nodded at him.

+++
It's not long enough until we are in close proximity from the seal.

As we got closer, I could now feel the Adeptal Energy that is being dispersed in the surroundings. The Adeptal Energy was mixed with something negative and the sensation gives chills down my spine.

"Ah, you've finally come." A voice thundered. The three of us looked up and saw Akio standing at one of the floating boulders. In a blink of an eye, he disappeared like a lightning bolt before appearing just a few feet away from us.

We were startled so we summoned all of our weapons under his presence.

"I have been waiting for you, daughter." He said, crossing his hands behind his back.