55 - The Beginning of An End (II)

(Short Chapter Ahead)
+
+
+
+
+++
Third Person Point of View

"Raiden Shogun! Raiden Shogun!" A soldier shouted as he entered the chambers of the Shogunate. The soldiers who were on standby threw disgusted gazes at him although some were alarmed by his sudden actions.

"Raiden Shogun!" With one final yell, he stumbled on the stairs only to fall on the floor face-flat.

On the other hand, the Raiden Shogun or Ei, as her close friends know her, sat silently in her room, indulging herself in the tranquility that she had built upon herself.

It has been so long ever since Ei had experienced such a conundrum. She was after all, locked away in her Euthymia, for hundreds of years.

The yells of the soldier surely startled her so, her head jolted up and turned towards the door.

She had recently moved into the house that was especially made for her so, she was just getting used to the atmosphere. The house reminded her of bitter memories that she both missed and despised because, every little thing just reminded Ei of her.

The sudden commotion surely made her stand up from her seat. She then carefully approached the door, turned the knob, and slowly swung it open and the soldier, who had fallen onto the floor moments back, was brought to her view as he struggled to bring both his hands underneath him.

The Shogun looked at him with confusion. She wanted to say something but she seemed unsure of what to say. She wasn't much of a talker and she has no idea how to speak comforting words so rather than speaking she just ended up staring at him and once the soldier met with her violet eyes, the male instantly shuddered under her presence causing him to crawl back before bringing his forehead to the floor.

"M-My apologies A-Almighty S-Shogun. I-I-I d-didn't mean to c-cause such a r-ruckus." He stuttered, obviously showing how frightened he is.

Ei just let out a breath. Though she has no idea how she'll talk, she was still patient.

"What's wrong?" Ei asked, looking at the soldier who seemed to be shaking now, his forehead still on the floor.

"T-The seal..."

Ei's eyes widened.

"Seal? What seal?" Her attention was instantly grabbed.

"In Seirai Island. The monsters, t-they are n-now attacking I-Inazuma." The soldier looked up at her and only then and there did she saw the fear in his eyes.

It gave Ei an unexplainable feeling. It has been so long since she last saw a human and their emotions and seeing this now gave her an odd feeling in her stomach but at the same time, a strong will to protect her nation fired up in her.

"How is this possible?" She asked.

Makoto was the one who sealed away the god in Seirai Island. Her seals are beyond what a mortal can imagine and was surely unbreakable so, upon hearing the news, she knew very well that whatever happened wasn't true.

"I-I d-don't k-know Almighty S-Shogun," He brought his forehead to the floor again.

She was lost in thought for a moment until a voice called her out.

Her head turned towards the direction of the voice and ahead stood her closest friend, the silly Kitsune she used to play with.

"It's nice to finally see you out of your room again," Yae Miko teased, putting two fingers on her lips as she giggled. "I thought it would be another Euthymia situation."

Ei blushed in embarrassment making her look down on her feet.

Yae Miko then ordered the rest of the guards to leave the area and that included the soldier who was kneeling at the foot of Ei. Once everyone left, Yae Miko let herself plop down on one of the seats, crossing her legs over the other afterwards.

"Makoto had always protected Inazuma with all her ability and I have always believed that no one can topple down whatever protection she had given." The Kitsune started. "But my, my, after hundreds of years it is slowly caving in itself."

Ei let out a shaky breath before making her way towards the Kitsune. She then sat down on the seat across from her, placing her hands on her lap.

"How is this even possible? Could it be-?"

"The energy used to break the seal is of an Adeptus."

Ei eyes widened.

"Adeptus? Morax?"

"I highly doubt the Geo Archon has some business here. After all, Makoto and that old fossil were good friends." She giggled.

Ei had always found herself amazed by how Yae Miko took things so calmly. Now that she thinks of it, maybe that was the reason Ei and her were the best of friends because Yae Miko was the calm to her anxious life.

"You're right." Ei straightened her back. "I need to see this for myself." The Electro Archon stood up and turned her back at the Kitsune. Her head then slightly turned, just enough to see the sly fox at the corner of her eye. "Aren't you coming along?"

Yae Miko giggled to herself. "You can do this on your own, Ei." She laid back on the velvet chair and checked her nails. "Don't worry, if things get tangled, I will be there." She smirked and winked at Ei.

The Shogun just let out a sigh.

Of course, as an Electro Archon, this was indeed her duty so, whether she likes it or not, she have to go ahead and investigate the situation, with or without her Kitsune friend.