Part 48: The Bullies and Queen

Queen was about to drift off to sleep when her phone buzzed with an Instagram notification. She sighed, thinking it might be another random message or meme from her friends. However, when she opened the app, her eyes widened in surprise.

There on her screen was a picture of JJ, Mason, and Kyle shirtless, flexing and looking every bit like the typical high school jocks. Queen was confused. Why would they post something like this? And why tag her in it?

She stared at the photo for a moment, a mixture of curiosity and annoyance bubbling up

She stared at the photo for a moment, a mixture of curiosity and annoyance bubbling up. Shaking her head, she turned off her phone, deciding it wasn't worth losing sleep over. She set her alarm for 4:49 am, an early start for the busy day ahead, and tried to push the strange post out of her mind.

As she lay in bed, the image lingered in her thoughts, making her wonder what JJ, Mason, and Kyle were up to. Were they trying to get her attention, or was it just some mindless teenage prank? Eventually, exhaustion took over, and she fell asleep.

The next morning, Queen's alarm blared, cutting through the early morning silence. She groggily reached for her phone, turning off the alarm and reluctantly dragging herself out of bed. The memory of the Instagram post resurfaced, but she brushed it aside, focusing on getting ready for the day.

By the time she arrived at school, the hallways were buzzing with the usual chatter. She noticed a few people giving her curious glances, and it didn't take long for her to overhear snippets of conversation about the infamous post.

"Did you see Queen was tagged in that shirtless pic?"

"Yeah, what was that about?"

"Maybe she's dating one of them."

Queen rolled her eyes, annoyed by the gossip but determined not to let it bother her. She spotted Myra by their lockers and walked over.

"Hey," Myra greeted, "Did you see that post last night? What was that all about?"

Queen shrugged. "No idea. Probably just JJ and his friends being dumb."

Myra raised an eyebrow. "You think they're trying to mess with you?"

"Wouldn't be the first time," Queen replied. "But I'm not going to let it get to me."

Throughout the day, Queen couldn't shake the feeling that something more was going on. During lunch, she sat with her friends, trying to focus on their conversation and ignoring the occasional glances from other students.

Later in the afternoon, as she was heading to her last class, she ran into JJ in the hallway. He smirked when he saw her.

"Hey, Queen. Saw you checked out our post. What'd you think?"

Queen crossed her arms, narrowing her eyes at him. "What are you guys playing at, JJ?"

JJ shrugged, his smirk widening. "Just having a little fun. No harm in that, right?"