Chapter 8

It's been two days since I started college again and I didn't go to work for those two days because I had important lectures that I couldn't miss. Today I am going to work, and from what I heard from my parents, uncle Marcus is much better.

I took my elevator card from Barbara and went to my floor.

"Good morning Marissa, how are you?" I asked her as soon as I got upstairs and saw her.

"I can't say perfect, but I'm fine. Mr. Altimari is waiting for you in the office, he told me to tell you when you come, to visit him first before you go to work." Great, I wanted to see uncle Marcus anyway.

"Alright." I answered her and headed towards his office.

"Isabella, before you go I need to tell you something..." I can do that later.

"Okay, but later. Ten minutes, then you'll tell me." I answered her and entered the office because I don't knock when I enter uncle Marcus.

"Uncle Marcus, I'm so glad you're back. How are you, does your leg hurt?" I closed the door of the office and came in front of his desk, after which I already asked him a few questions because I'm worried.

I was looking at the person in front of me in shock when his chair turned. I thought I was going to see Marcus, and sitting on the chair is no less than Damien Altimari.

Is that what Marissa wanted to tell me, that uncle Marcus's son is here. Oh no, I believe she would tell me right away.

"I would like my father to be here, but unfortunately he is not. From today I am your boss and you will address me as Mr. Altimari, because I am not my father. You will come to work one hour earlier, which means you have to be at seven in the morning in your office before everyone else. You leave work when you finish the job." Is he kidding me?

"You're not my boss, and the only person I'll listen to is Uncle Marcus. Don't expect me at work because I won't be coming until uncle Marcus comes back." I answered him calmly, although I was surprised to myself that I remained calm without reacting angrily.

He can't tell me what to do.

"You're funny, but you'll have to. Your contract is still up, and if you haven't been told, this is a family business that will soon be transferred to my name, and for now I'm replacing my father. Bella, I'm glad you admitted that you're spoiled daddy's princess who is always looking for the nearest way out to save herself. You are still a child and you don't belong here, in a serious company that is looking for real and serious workers who actually want and are looking for this." I hate him. Antipathetic, selfish, rude, bastard!

"No problem Mr. Altimari, anyway your fun lasts until uncle Marcus comes back. I personally don't have a problem addressing you as sir, even though you're not, but it doesn't matter. That's how you inflate your ego, I have to admit that I feel a little sorry for you, but that's all normal, when you don't feel safe in your body but you convince yourself of something you're not..." I think I woke up the devil.

Damien suddenly got up from the chair, and started walking towards me, looking at me with his passionate gaze as if he was going to eat me at any moment. I tried to remain as calm as possible, but I don't know why he looks so terrible. Is this his normal look and I just don't know him, or did I make him angry.

He came and stood in front of me, putting his hands in his pants pockets. This is actually the first time I've seen it in the business section. It suits him well, he looks more serious.

"I'll try to be as clear as possible, so let's go. Now I could strangle you because you're such an irritating person, like a mosquito that flies around the room and around your ear all night, and doesn't let anyone sleep. It doesn't matter, I'll ignore the fact that you're an annoying person, ugly I have to admit, and I feel sorry for the man who ends up with you, because when you open your mouth, it stinks so much that it's hard to be around you. I think I was clear enough." I raised my hand to slap him, but he stopped me.