Chapter 12

Shocked, out of breath, I slowly lose my concentration and black dots appear in front of my eyes, maybe minutes or seconds away from death. My body slowly relaxes even though I try to defend myself but I have no more strength, I can't save myself anymore, suddenly the air comes to me again, I breathed again, I see some light again. I'm alive.

I look at Damien with fear in my whole body. He almost killed me. A person I've known since I was a child, a person who is the son of people who are my parents' best friends. I can't believe what happened to me.

I clutch my neck and still gasp for air, but it just makes me cough because my throat is dry. I get up from the couch and before leaving for a glass of water, I slapped him. Not once, not twice, three times. With tears in my eyes, I go to get water, but he stands still and doesn't move. Shocked by his actions, he left the room and slammed the door.

I started crying now that I'm alone. I drank water but I can't swallow that fast because everything hurts.

I went into the bathroom, took off all my clothes and got into the shower. I let the water run while all sorts of thoughts ran through my head. I'm scared to even look at the mirror. Everything that happened, what is the reason for his anger, I don't understand. I don't understand why I can't go out. Now I would like to pack my things and leave here, but I work for Uncle Marcus and I want to be responsible and professional even though this happened to me, even though his son attacked me. I won't say anything to anyone, and I'll try to cover my neck with a scarf even though I hate wearing them, I feel like an old woman. I do not even have one.

I put on my nightgown and lay down on the bed. Dinner for today is definitely off, because I can't eat with the pain in my neck, I can't swallow a sip of water, let alone some food.

Tossing and turning on the bed, trying to fall asleep, several hours have passed, it's almost midnight and he still hasn't returned. Where could he be?

I don't care where he is or what he's doing, he didn't deserve anything good. I cannot describe the hatred I feel for him, and I cannot wait for the day when he will disappear from my life.

I opened my eyes, and looked around until I realized I was still in the hotel room. I put my hand to my neck as I tried to swallow my saliva because my throat was dry. I remembered yesterday's event and how he almost suffocated me because of some of his stupid fantasies.

I got out of bed and went to get the clothes that are in my suitcase. I went into the bathroom and did my morning routine, but with makeup on my neck to hide it at least a little. My neck is purple.

I wore jeans, shorts, and a regular t-shirt. I couldn't cover my neck because I don't have a single scarf with me, but I will have to buy one to hide it from my parents. I took my purse and moved my things into the bag from the other bag I had yesterday. I took the room key and went outside.

I went down to the lobby and entered the restaurant to have a light breakfast, because I can't swallow. I saw him at the entrance. In the same way as yesterday, with a messy haircut and two buttons undone on the shirt he is wearing. A girl is sitting in front of him, but he doesn't notice her at all. I thought he didn't notice me, but he didn't take his eyes off me, and the girl turned in the direction where Damien was looking until she saw me. I see hatred in her eyes even though that girl doesn't know me. Another crazy woman in a row.

I sat down on a free table, as far away from him as possible, but he got up from his table and came to mine. He pulled out a chair and sat down.

"Good morning Mr. Altimari. How can I help you?" I remained professional, the way he asked me to be. There is no friendly relationship between the two of us and it does not exist.

"Bella..."

I already told him a million times not to call me that.

"For you Isabella, or Miss Lombardi." We are not friends.

"We have to talk." He said briefly.

I just don't know about what.

"We can, if it has to do with work." I answered him.

I wanted to add something to him, but the waiter came.

"What can I offer you?" He asked.

"A warm fruit tea, please, and if you have some soft cookies, and a bowl of mixed fruit." I always drink coffee, but I think tea will calm my neck pain.

"Sure, for you sir?" Damien just let him know with his hand that he didn't want anything.

"Isabella, what happened yesterday..." he tried to tell me, but I cut him off. I don't need his apologies.

I'm not a child, I can fend for myself, and I'm not a person who will immediately blame my parents.

"Yesterday was the first and last time. The second time, if you try to cause me pain, I will do everything in my power to take revenge on you, even if I had to turn to my parents, because you are nobody in my life and you have no right to raise your hand on me. I hope that's all you wanted because I don't like your company." I gave him an ugly answer, but I don't feel bad about it.

"Here are your orders miss." The waiter said and quickly left everything on the table as he looked at Damien who was looking at him with a sharp look.

I went to get my tea but Damien grabbed my chair and pulled me to him. Now we are a few centimeters apart face to face. I just blinked, I didn't know how to react. Everything I said a few minutes ago, it's as if he didn't even listen to me.

"Listen Bella." He put his hand on my back and moved closer to my ear. "Don't think I'm afraid of your threats, because if you knew who I am, you would understand my words. What I want, I get it, by grace or by force. Let me repeat to you once more, if I say you are mine, then you are mine. That means I don't want other men around you, I don't want to share you. This beautiful face is mine, these beautiful eyes that always shine are mine, your sexy body is only mine. Remember, I don't share." He moved away from me and smiled at me. Lunatic.

I took my cell phone out of my bag and called my dad, who of course answered right away.

"Dad, can you send a plane to Chicago to pick me up, Damien has to stay a day longer because of some business, and I'd like to come back." Damien looked at me without saying a word, and this time it was my turn to smile. I don't let him provoke me, or think he has power over me.

"Of course, princess. Expect my call or text when the plane arrives, and I'll send someone to pick you up." My dad answered.

"Thank you, I love you." I said the last thing before he ended the call.

I took a sip of the now half cold tea and looked at him.

"Don't think you can control me. Just because I'm polite, and I'm not telling you anything but I'm silent, doesn't mean I'm going to let you talk to me like I'm your property because I'm not. Remember you can't control me, and that, you will never have me. My body is only mine, and it will be touched by a person, a man whom I allow, and you will never be that person." For a moment I saw the shock on his face, which he immediately hid.

He got up from the chair and pulled me to him. I rested my hands on his chest and everything happened in a second. Out of nowhere cameras appeared around us and Damien took the opportunity and grabbed me by my neck and connected our lips. I tried to move away from him, but he grabbed my waist with his other hand, to the point that it hurt and I opened my mouth, which gave him access to explore with his tongue.

Slowly running out of air, he understood and moved away from me. I quickly pulled him to me and hid in his arms so that the cameras would not record me in this state. Worst idea ever.

Damien grabbed my hand and started pulling me out of the restaurant until we ran away.

We entered the elevator that takes us to our floor where the room is located.

We looked at each other and I felt angry, I just slapped him.

"What the hell have you done?"