Chapter 14

A day has passed since I returned home, and I am much calmer and more relaxed. I don't have to worry about Damien and his nonsense. Today I skipped a lecture at the university, but I decided to go to work. I got ready, and now I'm driving towards the Altimari company. I was thinking of visiting uncle Marcus, but I changed my mind because he may have returned from sick leave. I hope he is well and that I will not see Damien's face again.

I entered the company and first visited my dear friend Barbara, who greeted me angry and frowning.

"Card, please." I told her politely.

"You had fun with my boyfriend. You couldn't stand it without getting close to him? You're deliberately provoking me and you don't want to admit that you're in love with him. Pathetic. Ever since you were a small stupid child, you fell in love with him and now you're pretending not to like him." I don't believe what I hear.

"Come on, cool down. You're imagining some things that aren't at all. I feel sorry for you because you're so infatuated with him and he's just using you for sex. How stupid do you have to be not to see what's really going on in your relationship. Give me the card or I'll report you." Stupid cow.

She just put the card on the counter and I immediately took it without looking at it. I can't look at that disgusting face of hers.

I came to the floor where my office is located and I immediately saw Marissa.

"Marissa, good morning. How are you?" Marissa looked at me in surprise because she didn't expect me to come. She must think why I'm not with Damien.

"Isabella, what are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be with Mr. Altimari in Chicago?" I knew she was shocked because of that.

"Yes, but I left earlier, I returned home because Mr. Altimari said that I shouldn't be there, that he would take care of it all himself. Is there work for me? Do you know when uncle Marcus is coming back?" I didn't get to ask my parents because they are always busy and already working from early in the morning. I guess I'll see them today.

"You should print out everything from the email I sent you. He hasn't returned yet, but he should soon." Marissa answered, after which I went to my office and immediately got down to business.

I thought I would have a lot more work, but since he is gone, everything is somehow easy.

I skipped lunch and finished work on time. I took my things and left my office. Marissa already left half an hour ago, she called me before she left.

I came to Barbara to return the card, but she is not here. I left her behind the counter and headed for the elevator to the garage, but there I was greeted by Barbara and her evil crew.

"Barbara, what do you want?" I asked her listlessly. I don't mind arguing with her, even though she thinks otherwise.

"Girls, and everyone here, listen to me. This little nineteen-year-old scumbag is in love with Damien Altimari, my longtime boyfriend, and she keeps trying to take him away from me. Have you seen the news, which keeps coming out all over the world." I didn't expect anything else from her, but what kind of news she's talking about, it's not what I think. I'll ignore it for sure, it's nothing important.

"Barbara, stop spreading lies around the company. No one wants to steal something from you that isn't even yours. The fact that your friends believe your lies is not my problem! Stop belittling and humiliating me because otherwise it won't end well. You don't know who you're dealing with. I may be nineteen years old, but I'm much more mature, smarter and more intelligent than you and your plastic barbies who watch your back." Barbara came up to me and slapped me.