Chapter 6

I got up early to go get my car, which was left in the parking lot in front of the night club all Sunday. Everything went well because my family didn't ask me where my car was, they certainly didn't even realize that I didn't come home with a car but with a taxi that the driver paid for. Why, I don't know.

Today is monday and a new working day. Teresa brought me a purse in a hurry yesterday because it was on her way, and she was going somewhere.

I called a taxi that brought me to the parking lot where my car is. Of course, I carefully looked at every corner so I wouldn't run into that devil, even though it's very early, and I don't think he's still here, but just in case.

I got into my car and drove to the Altimari company.

I wanted to park the car in the place where I always park it, but some Audi was parked in that place. An older model, so I don't believe that it is someone from the Altimari family, but rather someone from the workers. I parked in another place and quickly entered the elevator. Such a small problem doesn't bother me because there are a lot of free spaces in the garage, it's just that everyone likes to park as close as possible to the elevator so they don't have to walk. A bit funny.

For my good morning, Barbara greeted me at the reception with a bruise on her eye. How funny she looks.

"Good morning Barbara, how are you? I see, some accident?" I asked her seriously, as if I didn't know that she got the bruise on her eye from me.

"Don't worry, my dear. Revenge is sweetest." She answered me but I just continued walking towards the elevator after taking the card. Her threats don't scare me in the least.

"Morning Marissa, how are you?" I asked her when I got to her desk.

There is something strange about her look, but I don't think it has anything to do with me.

"Isabella, you'd better go to your office, Mr. Altimari is very angry, but I don't know why. I'll call you if I need anything, I left the work you're going to do today on the table. I wrote everything on a note." Uncle Marcus is never angry, at least I've never seen him angry.

"Okay, thank you Marissa." I thanked her and went to my office. I don't want to ask her questions.

I put my bag on the end of the table, took out my cell phone, turned on my laptop and started sorting folders by numbers and letters. I have a lot of work to do today, I hope I can finish on time.

"Mr. Altimari!!"

I immediately ran out of my office and saw uncle Marcus on the floor, but on the end of the stairs.

"Uncle Marcus?" Terrified, I reached him and tried to help him up, but I think his leg is broken because he doesn't look very good.

"Marissa call 911." I told her.

"Uncle Marcus, you need to rest until the ambulance arrives. Your injury could get worse." Uncle Marcus looked at me with pain in his eyes, but he didn't answer me.

Maybe ten minutes have passed since the emergency was called and they finally arrived. They lifted Marcus up after fixing his leg to a board so that could not move.

"Isabella, come." Uncle Marcus said and I immediately approached him.

"Say uncle."

"Keep doing your job and don't bother with me. I'm sure it's nothing and I'll be here again tomorrow." He kissed my forehead and then they took him away.

I don't understand how he managed to fall down the stairs, and he keeps walking on them for many years.

"Marissa, what happened?" I asked her while the employees were still standing and commenting on the situation.