Chapter 9

Just the beginning of a hellish day. I can't wait to get to work and I'm already ten minutes late because the road is crowded. Lucky me. I hope that Mr. Altimari is also late and that I will not see him.

It's hell when I remember where I have to go, and until two weeks ago I was so happy that I had a job and that I was earning my money.

I took the card from the reception because there is still no one, I am alone in the whole company, of course, except for the cleaners and security guards.

I entered my office where he greeted me with a good morning.

"What are you doing here Mr. Altimari?" I asked him immediately when I saw him sitting on my chair behind the table.

I'm going crazy, and I haven't even had my coffee yet.

"You're twenty-five minutes late, I'll take ten percent off your salary ." Ten percent?

"You are kidding?" I asked him, trying to stay calm without exploding.

"Come even later tomorrow, so the percentage will be even higher. Bring me a double espresso." He left my office and left me standing shocked at what he told me.

I won't let him do that to me because it's an injustice.

I went to make coffee, but first for myself, and then for him. If he has already taken ten percent of my salary, then let it be as I wish. Let him think he won but he didn't, he wants to play the game, no problem.

I drank my coffee and put the rest on my desk. I took his coffee and entered his office, where I was greeted by a couple in love. Barbara and him. I can't think of them. Disgusting.

"You didn't believe me, but this is proof." She laughed evilly, while Damien remained serious without a single reaction.

"Here is the coffee as you asked for, Mr. Altimari." I turned to leave but Barbara stopped me.

"Bring me a pistachio cookie and an iced coffee." I have to leave the building and go to the pastry shop across the street. Won't he say anything to her?

So be it, this is just for today anyway.

"Sure no problem." I answered and quickly left so that he didn't ask me for anything else.

I took my wallet and card from the company. I entered the elevator and went down to the lobby.

As soon as I left the building, I was surprised to see Maximilian.

"Maximilian, what are you doing here?" I asked him when we approached each other.

"I'd be lying to you if I said I was passing by. I came here for you and luckily you came out. I think I'd wait for hours until you came out." We started laughing.

"I'm in a bit of a hurry, but if you want, you can go with me to the pastry shop." I started walking and he was right next to me.

"Of course. I wanted to ask you if you would go out to dinner with me today, if you have time? I don't have your contact and I didn't know how to reach you." Maybe I really need this.

A serious man, not a kid. Actually, I don't even know how much older he is than me, but age doesn't matter.

"Of course, here's my number so we can talk to each other again, in case something changes. Do you have a car, or should I come pick you up?" We entered the pastry shop and I immediately told the girl about the order.

I think it's a good idea to meet up with Maximilian and get to know him a little better.

Maybe he is the right man for me, I hope.