Chapter 11

After a whole week, the weekend came and we landed in Chicago. What surprised me was that the Altimari family has a private plane, and I don't remember anyone telling me that, and I don't hang out with them either, I don't think we see each other often, so I can't even know, anyway, it surprised me. Before we left for the trip, I visited uncle Marcus, and he is much better. I hope he gets back to work soon and this devil goes away.

We entered the hotel where we will be staying and stopped at the reception. I waited on the side while he took the room key. I have not heard of this hotel, but it is very luxurious, like every car that comes. People, especially women, are dressed in modern, expensive clothes. There isn't a single woman who hasn't passed without branded clothes.

"Bella, come." Damien said and I started to follow him until we reached the elevator, and entered it. I hate when he calls me that. Isabella is for him.

We took the elevator to the third floor where our rooms are.

"Where's the key to my room?" I asked him, standing behind him, while he unlocked his door to the room.

"Your room is also my room. We will share a room." What!?

"Forget it, I'm going to look for another room." I turned to go to the elevator, but he grabbed my hand and pushed me into the room he unlocked.

I will not share the same room with him, especially with only one bed.

"I have to keep an eye on you so that I can see you, and not that something happens to you and then uncle Adriano attacks me. You are staying with me here." What does that have to do with me?

"I think I'm already grown up enough and I don't have to put up with this nonsense, nor do I need to accompany you, I'll take another room where I can be alone and in peace without your stupid words." He came to me and I just stopped talking.

I don't want him to have this kind of influence on me. I don't want his attitude to scare me.

"I think I was clear enough for you to understand what I told you, don't pull words out off my mouth and don't provoke the worst in me because when you see that, you will be smaller than a poppy seed. You don't know who I am." What should that mean to him, is he threatening me?

"And who are you?" I asked him and started laughing in his face.

His face remained serious and he was not as amused as I was.

"Trust me, if you find out, you'll want to run away from me, and your whole world will collapse, but the problem is that you can't run away from me." He must be joking again to scare me.

"Maybe I really want to know who you are, because if you were someone dangerous I would already know something, and my parents would tell me too." He started to laugh, but not because he thought it was funny, but as if he was mocking me.

"Believe what you want, but it's not time to find out yet. Prepare everything for the meeting, and take a shower and dress, we're going to a very well-known and respected man who has been our client for a very long time." What am I messy?

"I know that myself, you don't have to tell me, but I will only shower when you leave the room." I told him and I sat on the bed.

"Okay, but hurry up, I'll be waiting for you in the bar downstairs." He answered and left the room.

We're not done with the room yet, but I'll try to get one more room before it's near me. Money doesn't matter, we're only here for two days anyway.

I took my towel out of my suitcase and prepared the clothes I will wear today. I put it on the bed and went to the bathroom.