17. the grim discovery.

T/W: m*urder.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

CHAPTER XVII
"It was MY fault that I fell in love with you."

Monza ,
City in Italy ,
08:00 a.m. ,

Jungkook spent a restless night at the Grand Hotel Villa d'Este, Monza's pinnacle of luxury.

The elegance of the room did nothing to calm the storm brewing within him. His thoughts were consumed by Y/N and the unsettling presence of Cha Eunwoo.

Morning brought a dim light that barely penetrated the heavy drapes of his suite. Jungkook rose from the tangled sheets, his mind already racing with plans.

He needed to unravel the mystery of Y/N's connection to Eunwoo, and why she seemed so distant and scared.

Dressed in a sharp black suit, Jungkook stepped out into the bustling streets of Monza.

The city was alive with activity, but his focus remained razor-sharp. He made his way to a nearby café, a quiet place where he could strategize.

As he sipped his coffee, his phone buzzed. It was Byul, his trusted personal assistant.

"Byul, what have you got for me?" Jungkook asked, his voice low and intense.

"Sir, I've gathered some information about Cha Eunwoo," Byul replied, concern evident in his tone. "He's a powerful CEO, known for his ruthless business tactics and... questionable personal life."

"Questionable how?" Jungkook's interest piqued.

"He has ties to some unsavory characters. People who handle his dirty work, keep his secrets buried"

A sinister smile tugged at Jungkook's lips. "Good. I want you to dig deeper. Find out everything-his connections, his weaknesses. I want leverage."

"Understood, sir. I'll get back to you with more details soon."

Later that evening, Jungkook returned to the Grand Hotel Villa d'Este. The sun had set, casting the lake in a silvery glow. Despite the serene surroundings, his mind was a cauldron of dark thoughts.

He spotted Taehyung sitting on a bench, gazing out over the water. Taehyung, a man of dark charisma and questionable morals, was someone Jungkook had known for years. Their friendship was forged in the fires of mutual understanding and shared secrets.

"Taehyung," Jungkook greeted as he approached.

Taehyung looked up, a smirk playing on his lips. "Jungkook, it's been a while"

"I need your help," Jungkook said bluntly, taking a seat next to him.

"Y/N," Jungkook replied, his voice hard.