23. gelato kiss.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

CHAPTER XXIII
"He knows how to ball, I know Aristotle"

Monza ,
City in Italy ,
11:40 p.m. ,

Jungkook's Point Of View:

As I pulled away from the kiss, I felt a tickle under my nose. I reached up, and to my surprise, my fingers came away with a smear of blood. Oh no. A nosebleed? Now?

"Oh fuck" I muttered, feeling my cheeks heat up with embarrassment.

Y/N's eyes widened with concern. "Jungkook! Are you okay?"

I laughed awkwardly, trying to downplay it. "I—I think I just got a nosebleed" I said, shaking my head. "That’s never happened before."

Her worry was evident as she quickly took my hand, leading me toward our house. "Sit down, let's take care of it." She went in to the kitchen, pulling out a pack of tissues. "Here, tilt your head forward a bit."

I did as she instructed, holding the tissue to my nose. "I guess I got a little too excited" I joked, trying to lighten the mood despite my mortification.

Y/N smiled, even as she gently dabbed at the blood. "You really know how to make a moment memorable, don’t you?"

I laughed softly, my face burning. "I didn’t mean to. I just—being with you, it’s all a bit overwhelming in the best way."

Her expression softened, and she placed a reassuring hand on my shoulder. "I’m just glad you’re okay"

Looking at her with all the love I felt. "I’m sorry if I worried you."

"You don’t have to apologize" she said, shaking her head.

After a few minutes, the nosebleed stopped. I removed the tissue, relieved to see it had finally subsided. "All good now" I said with a sigh of relief.

Y/N leaned in and placed a gentle kiss on my forehead. "Good. But if you ever get too excited again, let me know before you pass out or something."

I laughed, feeling my heart swell with affection for her. "Alright~"

──────── ᯓ★ 🏎🏁

The next day

I never really understood the hype around "Barbie" but when Y/N mentioned she wanted to see it, there was no way I could say no.

It had been trending since last year, and I figured a movie date would be a great way to surprise her.

The problem was, I couldn’t stand the thought of dealing with a crowded theater—crying infants, idiotic crowds cheering at the back, or kids kicking my seat. I wanted to enjoy this time with Y/N in peace.