A Disaster Date (GreatInn)

[For those who don't know great and inn are couple from wandee gooday the series ]____________________________________

____________________________________

A sunny Saturday afternoon in Bangkok. Great and Inn, both craving a break from their hectic schedules, had planned a casual day out. Their itinerary was simple: start with a visit to an amusement park and then relax with a picnic at Lumpini Park. They were looking forward to a day filled with fun, laughter, and a bit of adventure.

The amusement park was alive with energy, children’s laughter mixing with the sounds of thrilling rides. Great, ever the adventure seeker, spotted a massive new roller coaster. His eyes lit up. “Inn, we have to try that!” he exclaimed, pointing at the towering structure. Inn, less enthusiastic about heights, hesitated but eventually agreed, not wanting to dampen Great’s excitement.

As they queued for the ride, the anticipation was palpable. Great chatted excitedly, trying to distract Inn from his growing anxiety. When their turn finally came, they were strapped into their seats. The roller coaster began its slow, agonizing ascent, the chains clinking ominously. Great was practically bouncing with excitement, while Inn’s grip on the safety bar tightened with each passing second.

“Don’t worry, Inn! This will be fun!” Great shouted over the creaking of the tracks.

The first drop came, and Great threw his hands up, yelling in sheer delight. Inn, on the other hand, let out a high-pitched scream that seemed to echo across the entire park. The ride twisted and turned, plunging them into moments of sheer exhilaration and terror. Great’s laughter was constant, while Inn’s screams were a mix of fear and reluctant enjoyment.

When the ride finally ended, they stumbled out, Inn’s legs like jelly. Great was still laughing, tears streaming down his face. “Inn, your scream was epic!” he teased, clapping Inn on the back. Inn, trying to regain his composure, vowed never to ride another roller coaster again. Great’s grin only widened.

After the thrill of the roller coaster, they decided to head to Lumpini Park for their picnic. Great, known for his clumsiness but always eager to help, took charge of setting up the picnic blanket and unpacking the food. Inn watched with a mix of amusement and caution, knowing Great’s knack for accidental chaos.

They settled down, the sun warming their faces as they began to eat. However, Great’s enthusiasm soon led to the first mishap. While reaching for a sandwich, he accidentally knocked over the thermos, spilling iced tea all over the blanket. Inn sighed, but there was a smile playing at his lips. They managed to clean up the spill, though the blanket was now a bit damp.

As they continued their picnic, a sudden gust of wind caught Inn’s hat, sending it flying into a nearby pond. Without thinking, Great leapt up to retrieve it. He sprinted towards the water, but his speed was his undoing. He slipped on the wet grass and landed with a splash in the mud. Inn, watching the scene unfold, burst into laughter. Great, now covered in mud but still determined, waded into the pond and fished out the hat. He returned, triumphant but dripping, and handed the hat to Inn with a sheepish grin.

“Here you go, Inn,” he said, wiping mud from his face.

Inn, still laughing, took the hat. “Thanks, swamp monster,” he joked, unable to stop giggling.

Determined to salvage the day, Great suggested they visit a nearby ice cream parlor. They arrived only to find it closed for repairs. Undeterred, they wandered the streets until they found a do-it-yourself ice cream shop. Inside, they were given all the ingredients and toppings to make their own sundaes. Great, true to form, spilled half the toppings on the floor and accidentally mixed up several flavors, creating a bizarre, multicolored concoction. Inn, with a more methodical approach, crafted a perfect mango sundae.

They sat outside, enjoying their creations and reflecting on the day's chaotic events. Great’s ice cream was a mess, but he ate it with gusto, making Inn laugh with each bite. Despite everything that had gone wrong, the day was filled with genuine joy and memorable moments.

As they finished their ice cream, Great’s phone buzzed with a notification. He glanced at it and chuckled. “Look, Inn. Our roller coaster photo just got uploaded to the park’s website.” He showed the picture to Inn, who immediately burst into laughter again. In the photo, Great was grinning with his hands in the air, while Inn’s face was a comical mask of sheer terror.

“We have to get a copy of this,” Inn said, wiping tears of laughter from his eyes.

They bought the photo as a memento, adding to the collection of memories from their adventurous day. On their way back to Lumpini Park for the picnic, they passed by a street performer juggling and doing magic tricks. Great, always curious, stopped to watch. He insisted they take part in one of the tricks, much to Inn’s amusement. The performer handed Great a set of juggling balls, and, as expected, Great fumbled and dropped them all, causing a small, friendly crowd to laugh.

Inn took over, managing a few successful tosses before joining in the laughter. They thanked the performer and continued their walk, still giggling over Great’s attempts at juggling. The sun was starting to set, casting a golden glow over the park as they found a spot to sit and watch the sunset.

Back home, they uploaded a selfie from the picnic, mud and all. The caption read: "Best. Date. Ever. #DisasterDate #FunTimes #Memories." The picture captured the essence of their day: chaotic, imperfect, but full of laughter and camaraderie.

Later that evening, as they relaxed in the comfort of their home, Inn looked over at Great. “You know, despite all the disasters, today was really fun,” he said, a warm smile on his face.

Great nodded, his eyes twinkling with happiness. “Yeah, Inn. I wouldn’t change a thing. It’s days like these that we’ll remember the most.”

And so, they ended their day, grateful for the laughter, the mishaps, and the shared moments that made their bond even stronger. Despite—or perhaps because of—the disasters, it had been one of their best days out. They knew they’d laugh about it for years to come, the memory of their perfectly imperfect day out firmly etched in their minds.