The curse of the jade emperor [Yizhan]

Xiao zhan and Wang yibo from danmei Chinese drama Untamed

Xiao zhan and Wang yibo from danmei Chinese drama Untamed .

---

In the heart of ancient China, there existed a prosperous village nestled at the base of a sacred mountain. The villagers called it Tranquil Waters, named for the serene river that flowed through it. Life in Tranquil Waters was peaceful and prosperous, thanks to the protection and blessings of the Jade Emperor, the ruler of heaven, who the villagers believed watched over them.

Wang Yibo, a quiet and introspective scholar, spent his days immersed in ancient texts and practicing calligraphy. His gentle demeanor and keen intellect made him a beloved figure in the village. Despite his reclusive nature, Yibo harbored a deep curiosity about the world beyond his village.

In stark contrast was Xiao Zhan, a bold and charismatic warrior renowned for his skills and bravery. Xiao Zhan's strength and leadership had protected the village from countless threats, earning him the admiration and respect of the villagers. His extroverted nature and infectious smile made him a natural leader and a close friend to many, including Yibo.

Their bond was an unlikely one, forged through years of shared adventures and mutual respect. Yibo's quiet wisdom balanced Xiao Zhan's fiery spirit, and together, they made a formidable team.

One fateful day, while exploring a hidden cave in the mountain, Yibo stumbled upon a mysterious jade pendant. The pendant, adorned with strange, archaic symbols, seemed to glow with an otherworldly light. Intrigued by the pendant's beauty and mystery, Yibo took it back to the village, unaware of the dark curse it carried.

That night, as Yibo slept, he was plagued by terrifying visions of a time long past. He saw himself as a revered court advisor in the imperial palace, guiding a powerful and noble ruler. Beside him was Xiao Zhan, a formidable general whose bravery and loyalty were unmatched. Their bond was deep, transcending their roles and responsibilities. However, their loyalty to the Jade Emperor was put to the test when a malevolent spirit, angered by the Emperor's power, cast a curse upon them.

The curse ensured that Yibo and Xiao Zhan would be reborn in every lifetime, doomed to suffer and die without ever remembering their true past. The jade pendant Yibo had found was the key to breaking the curse, but it also awakened the spirit’s wrath.

As strange and horrifying events began to unfold in the village, Yibo confided in Xiao Zhan about his visions. To their astonishment, Xiao Zhan began to experience similar dreams, where he saw himself leading armies and engaging in rituals alongside Yibo. The realization that their destinies were intertwined left them both shaken and determined to uncover the truth.

The village soon fell under the shadow of the curse. Crops withered, livestock perished, and the once serene river turned murky and foul. The villagers, frightened and desperate, turned to Yibo and Xiao Zhan for answers. The two friends, determined to lift the curse, sought the wisdom of the village elder, a wise and ancient woman named Madam Chen.