Chapter-3

"Ummm.... So, where are we going anyway?" I ask him. We've been walking in a certain direction for five minutes now. I mean, I kind of want to look forward to whatever is in store for me now.

"Heaven. Reapers' Department." he says casually.

"What? We're going to heaven?? But didn't you say I wasn't dead? Did you lie to me?" I ask.

"No, dumbo. We're going there to officially sign you up as a grim reaper."

"Watch your language, you uncultured swine." I say, giving him a dirty look. He smirks.               "Am I not already a grim reaper though?" I add.

"You have been chosen as one. However, you need to officially sign up in order to start your training and start getting cases." he tells me.

"Training?"

"Yes. Being a reaper isn't exactly a very easy task, you know. And it's definitely harder than being an angel." he says, making a disgusted face.

"What? You can be an angel too??" I ask him.

"Of course. There are three types of immortal beings- Gods, Reapers and Angels. Gods are the ones who choose people who are fit to become reapers and angels. Also, they are the ones who can fulfill the wishes of humans. They are worshiped and people perform rituals to please them. Also, they are the ones who write the fates of people."

"Then, there are angels. Mostly people with ethereal beauty and a very good heart become one. They are the bringers of love and fertility. They bless people on their birth. Some even work as guardian angels. Also, some directly serve the gods. Their work is a lot better than the reapers, but perhaps the best thing about being an angel is that you get to live in heaven." he says, sighing.

"Wow. But then, where do reapers live? Please don't say hell."

"Of course not. We... just live here on Earth. With the money we get from our job. We are the bringers of death and gloom. Most of the gods wanted us to stay in hell, but the wise Wind god, Anemo, let the reapers reside on Earth. We take revenge for dead people too. Also, we make them forget their past lives so that they forget the pains they suffered in that life and their souls can move on."

"That sounds like a hard job." I say.

"That is why I wondered why you became a reaper instead of an angel." he says.

"Because I am ethereally beautiful?" I ask, obviously not expecting him to say no.

"Yeah... But majorly because I think you can't handle hard tasks." he says, grinning.

"Don't underestimate me, mr. grim reaper." I say, smiling. So he does think I'm beautiful.

He lets out a soft chuckle. We continue walking. Soon, we reach the old market. He walks up to a building and gestures me to follow him inside. I have no idea how this could possibly be the entrance to heaven.

"Are you sure we're going to heaven?" I ask, musingly.

"Yes. Come on in." He says, and we both get in an elevator.

"Is this going to take us there?"

"We'll find that out soon enough, won't we?"

He presses the topmost button named "Office". The lift begins to rise. After what seems like an eternity, we finally reach the "Office". I'm relieved as we get out of the elevator cause it was so freaking awkward standing with him in there.

"Here we are."

Just as he says this, I pay more attention to my surroundings. So, this is heaven. It really is like an office. With alleys and corridors, lots and lots of people, and lots and lots of rooms.

"Let's go."

We keep walking until we reach the "Reapers' Department". He tells me to join a line.

"Here, you'll be signed up as a grim reaper. Also, they'll give you the name of your training incharge. Let me know who it is. I am also going to get my first student today. All the best." He says with a smile.

"Okay. Same to you."

After a while, my turn comes. The attendant hands me a piece of paper. In there is the name of my incharge.

" So my incharge is ..... Lee Eun-woo!" I gasp.

"Moon-young! Did you see? I'm going to be your incharge! How could they do this to me?"

"Hey! Why are you so upset about it? Do you hate me so much?" I ask, frowning.

"No. It's because the training incharge and student have to live together until the end of the training."