Chapter - 5

"WHAT. THE. HELL. EUN-WOO??? YOU OWN A FREAKING CARR!??" for the second time, I shout so loudly. However, no one can hear us now, of course.

"Jeez, Moony, you're loud." he says, grinning. I bet he's enjoying all these mini heart-attacks he's giving me.

"Eun-woo. Just how much do Grim Reapers get paid??" I say.

"About 2 million won per case. But the car in question isn't mine. It's just given to me by the 'Office'." he says.

"OMG. So, I'll get paid so muchh??" I ask in excitement.

"No. No yet. You will get some money for your case, though. You're start getting paid officially later." he replies. He adds," Let's go then."

"Alright."

We lock the doors and make our way towards the elevator. Once we get inside, Eun-woo presses the button to the underground parking. I don't know why, but getting in an elevator with him is extremely uncomfortable. Why is it getting so hot in here??

He says," Moon-Young. You forgot something."

"What now?"

"If I can recall correctly, you addressed me informally twice during our recent conversation. You know what happens if you do that."

"Punishment ensues?" I ask, bored.

"Punishment ensues." he answers, looking directly at me.

"Hey. I was really astonished, okay? That's why I said that. I forgot. You can't punish me. Besides, we haven't even decided what punishment is going to ensue anyway."

"I think I have a very good punishment for you." he says, and in such a way that makes the elevator even more uncomfortable.

Okay.. What sort of punishment is he thinking about?

"Umm...." I say, and thankfully, the doors open.

We both walk out of the elevator. He leads the way to his car. Okay, it's really pretty. He gestures me to get into the car. I get in and tie my seatbelt. Then, I look at him.

Why does he look so attractive on a steering wheel?? And what the heck is wrong with me?? Why am I paying so much attention to him?

"Like what you see?" he asks, as he catches me staring for too long.

"Aren't you gonna tell me about my punishment??" I ask, not able to wait anymore.

"No. Not yet." he says, smiling as he drives the car out of the parking.

This is a weird sort of curiosity I'm having right now. Why isn't he telling me about it? What exactly is going on in his head?? I hope it isn't something....weird.

Maybe I'll just have to do extra chores.

I relax in my seat and take in the surroundings. We're going through the main area of the city. It's pretty early in the morning, but there's a lot of traffic. We pass through a cafe' and I stare at it like a beggar, cause it's been such a long time since a had a coffee.

Eun-woo turns the car around and stops it in front of the shop.

"Buy yourself whatever you want. And get an Einspanner for me." he says, handing me his card.

"Wait, seriously?" I ask.

"Don't get too happy. You will have to repay me with your first salary."

"Sure, Mr. Lee." I answer, smiling.

After getting coffee, we resume our journey and reach the building. However, this time, we do not go straight to the top floor,i.e, the "Office". Instead, we go to the 2nd top floor.

"Are we going to train here?" I ask, as we get out of the elevator.

"Yes. This is my office."

"Eun-wooo!!!Heyy!! It's been such a long time~~" a girl around my age rushes towards Enu-woo and hugs him from behind. A second guy follows her and smiles at the two of them.

"Hey, Yoona." he says to the girl, beaming at her.

I know it shouldn't, but it's making me jealous. I KNOW IT SHOULDN'T. THEN WHY IS ITT???? Is she his girlfriend??

"This is Bae Yoona, and Yook Sung-Jae, my colleagues. They are gonna help me train you perfectly." He says, and Sung-Jae waves at me. Yoona also passes a friendly smile, but I don't return it.

"But I thought you could train me yourself?" I ask Eun-woo.

" Of course I can. But with their help, it can be done much more quickly."

"Yeah, we'll make you a noble grim reaper!" Yoona says enthusiastically.

"Oh okay. Great. I look forward to learning with you. Let's get on with it?" I say, and we all walk into a room, presumably my classroom.

"I'll be back in a second. You guys get to know each other a little bit." Eun-woo says, heading out of the room.

"You don't look like you were meant to be a reaper. You should have been an angel."
Sung-Jae says, looking at me.

"Why? Because I can't handle hard tasks?" I ask, recalling my conversation with Eun-woo.

"No. Because you're ethereally beautiful." He says.

"OMG..Sung-Jae, do you like her or something? I'm already shipping you guys so bad. Your ship name will be Moon-Jae!" Yoona squeaks.

"Umm...thanks." I tell him, slightly surprised.

Okay. I can't hold this curiousity inside me any longer.

"Yoona. Are you Sung-Jae's girlfriend?"

"What? No. Of course not. How could I be? No way. We're not fated. I'm just his friend. Like a sister!"

Somehow, this makes me very relieved.

"What do you mean, you're not fated? It is important to be fated to date each other?" I ask, with genuine curiousity.

"No. The thing is, Grim reapers and Angels are fated to a certain reaper or angel. If they can find their fated match, they can leave this world peacefully and go to heaven. Angels are mostly able to find their matches. However, it's much harder for reapers. Some spend their entire lives looking for their match. So far, only a few have been able to actually find them." Sung-Jae explains.

" So, what happens if you don't find your match?" I ask.

"You end up in hell." he answers.

"What? That's so unfair! How could the Gods do this to us?" I ask, my face clearly full of rage.

"The Gods can be weird sometimes." He says, shrugging.

Okay. I am not liking this.
At all.