Chapter - 15

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>After a few days<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

"Shall we get a new case for her?" Eun-woo asks Yoona and Sung-Jae, while I sit in a corner, fiddling with my new bracelet.

Yoona made it. She made one for all four of us. Mine is Orange. She gave me that one because apparently, I'm fierce.

"Yeah Of course. It's been some time." Sung-jae says.

"Yupp! There has been no excitement lately~" Yoona says, pouting a little.

"What do you think, Moony?" He asks me, teasingly.

"Huh? Oh. Well.... Why not? Lets do this." I say.

This time, I go with Yoona to get the new case. I hope it's just a normal one this time. 

Little did I know, it's a problematic one again.

I frown as I read the death announcement card. Its the death of a highschooler like me. From my own school, actually. She wasn't in my class, an year above me. Park Chaeryoung, 17. Cause of Death....

"Suicide!?" Yoona gasps in shock.

"Study pressure, probably." I sigh.

"Such a young age, though! However, it's not like you should commit suicide at any age anyway. Wanting to die is like a sin. You don't appreciate God's gift, do you?" She says, as we walk towards Eun-woo and Sung-Jae.

I think Eun-woo notices the discomfort on my face, and gives me a sympathizing smile. I tell him and Sung-Jae about the case.

"Oh my god. This is horrible. Why do YOU keep getting cases like these? Its just so uncommon." Sung-Jae says in a concerned tone.

"Its okay. I..... will deal with it." I say, a little scared.

"Yes. And we'll all help you." Eun-woo says firmly.

"Alright. Let's look at the case files then." I say and we all take a look at the files related to the case.

After knowing the details of the case, we leave the office building to get the person. I clutch at the knife in my hand. I hope I dont have to use it. It won't really make much of a difference for a dead person, but still, for safety. Its not a very complicated case..... but, its just.. uncomfortable. Yoona gives me a little squeeze as she notices the frown on my face.

"It's okay, Moon-Young." She says, smiling that pretty smile of hers..

"Yeah, I guess." I say.

We reach her apartment in the outskirts of the city. She's an orphan... so, she lives alone here. Was, actually. She's not alive now.

We enter the building. I'm hoping that everything goes by smoothly. That she gets the peace she deserves. The fate she deserves.

"This is the one." Eun-woo says as we stand outside Apartment no. 44.

We all nod. He slowly turns the door open.

I become sad as soon as I see her. Poor thing. So young, so beautiful. She had such a long life ahead of her. No... no. Why did she die?? I..... wish I could give her life back. She backs up a little as she sees the four of us. But, I think she understands who we are and gradually turns neutral.

"Go on." Sung-jae says to me.

I nod. Then I start walking towards her. I keep my knife in my pocket and take out something else.

The Candy.

"Are you Park Chaeryoung, 17?" I ask, even though I already know.

"Yes." She says.

"I think you know who I am?"

"You're a grim reaper." She says intelligently.

"Yes. And I'm here to send you where you belong now. In heaven... so that you can meet your parents." I say, smiling  a little. I reach out my hand and hold the candy in front of her.

She takes it. Without any hesitation. My throat is hurting. I want to cry. I can't say another word. I'm so sorry for her.

"I will have this. But there's something you should know about first." She says.. in her wise tone.

"Oh, yes? What would that be?" I say, swallowing the lump in my throat.

"I didn't commit suicide." She says, unwrapping the candy.

"I was murdered." She says and without another word.... she pops the candy into her mouth.

"What?? No!!! Wait!" I shout, but its already too late.

"What the hell was that just now?" Eun-woo says in frustation.

"She was murdered?" Yoona says, shivering.

"This is ridiculous." Sung-jae joins in.

"What are we gonna do now?" I ask, worried sick.

"Hmm... lets see. She said she was murdered. Who could it possibly be? She didn't know much people. Just random shopkeepers, her teachers, etc. And I'm sure as hell they didn't kill her."

A long silence follows.

"Bullies." I say as realization hits me.

"What?" All three of them ask.

I vividly remember. My last day at school. A group of girls were discussing something in a shady corridor. I lightly heard the name 'Chaeryoung'. Something like- "That wench is dying after this. All limits are crossed. I'll kill her... with my own hands." I thought they were just talking about their friends lightly. You know, just like casual friends do. "15 will be a big day" I'm sure I heard that.

"Today is the 15th." I say, gasping.

I explain my theory to all of them.

"That is totally possible. She was a top student. Maybe that was the motive." Sung-jae says, thoughtfully.

"This is disgusting." Yoona says.

"I know, right?" I sigh.

"Let's go find them, then." Eun-woo says.

"And hand them over to the police?" I ask.

"No. To give them a taste of their own medicine first. All that will be done later." He says, with a mischievious smile.

We reach the school. Classes are just going to get over. It's gonna be one hell of an experience for them. We have prepared a special performance.

The girls turn towards a remote alley as they get out of the school building. Probably to smoke or bully some new victim.

The four of us enter the same alley.

We're invisible to them, ofcourse.

And what happens for the next few minutes is just awesome.

Each one of them gets dragged by their knees to the ground. They all scream in fear. We're not enjoying this, but, it's necessary. We move our bodies like a dance... as "Black Swan" plays in the background. And.. they get... swayed with us. I'm pretty sure the girl Yoona is holding has a neck sprain by now cause she's dancing with the most grace. It looks amazing. Even Eun-woo and Sung-jae are giving an applaud-worthy performance. Two of the girls fall unconscious. We end our special ballet with a deep bow, that smacks their heads to the ground.

They're not that injured...

Don't worry:) It was in the Reaper's Guidelines Book in case of Heinous Crimes.