Chapter-2

"What?" I ask, dumbstruck.

Is this guy playing tricks on me? Maybe I should really have called the police instead of listening to him.

"Yes. And what I want from you is to come with me." he says.

Alright, I'm done with this shit now. I turn to leave the room, but suddenly he grabs my hand and pulls me towards him. I kick him hard in the stomach. When he doesn't let go of my hand, I take out a pen from my cupboard and hit him in the chest. However, I'm astonished with what happens after that.

His chest doesn't suffer any sort of damage. He's frowning as he looks towards me.

"Do you still not believe me?" he asks.

Oh my god. What the hell. Is he actually a grim reaper?? Is he here to take my life perhaps? Am I dead? Or am I going to die? Will he kill me?

"Please. Please don't kill me. I want to live." I say as I fall on my knees. There is a look of pure horror in my eyes.

"I'm not here to take your life. You're not dead." he says, crouching beside me.

"So? Why do you want me to come with you?" I ask, looking into his eyes.

"You have to come with me, because you're a grim reaper too." he says.

"What? But, how? I'm a normal human. I don't have powers like you. How can I be a grim reaper?" I ask, totally confused.

"The Gods have decided it. I don't know. Let's not waste any more time and go."

"And what if I don't want to become one?" I ask.

"Look. Here's the thing. You already are one. How do you think no one is coming up to check on you after all the ruckus we have caused? It's because only people who're about to die can see and hear us. So, you don't really have a choice."

"What? Just like that? But, what about my family? They'll think I was kidnapped or something! They'll worry so much! I can't just leave them like this!"

"You don't have to worry about that either. Their memories have already been erased about you. They don't have a daughter now. Nor does anyone else in the world remember your existence."

Okay. This is getting ridiculous. One minute, I want to believe him and the other minute, he says something like this. What the hell am I even supposed to do?

"How do you even expect me to believe something like this? And if it's really true, how can you do this to me??" I ask him.

"Look, first of all, it's not in my hands. I don't want that to happen to you. I have to take you, because it is the gods' will. I had to endure it too. So, you also have to. If you decide not to come, you'll be left behind, forgotten by the world. Completely alone. Drifting from here to there, till the end of time." he says.

I guess I don't really have a choice then.

"Alright. I'm coming with you. But let me say goodbye to my family. Even if they can't see me."

"Alright." he says.

We both come out of the room and walk downstairs. My parents and Do-yun are sleeping in the bedroom. I bid them a tear-less farewell. I want to cry. But, I don't know why, I'm just holding myself back. This is gonna be such a huge change in my life. If I even have a life now. I'm just so petty, and helpless.

"Are you done?" Eun-woo asks me, as I step out of the room.

"Yeah. I guess we can go now." I say.

We both get out of the house, onto the street. The night is a chilly one. The moon is still beautiful, but different than how it looked an hour ago. Now it looks like it's non-living.

I wonder what happens now.