Chapter - 19

Its 26th December today...

Been a day since THAT dinner. I cant explain how happy I get everytime I remember that night. God.

I'm SO happy.

The next day, he opened my present. That smile on his face said it all. He liked, no, he loved it. And the way he said 'thank you' totally melted my heart.

And the present he gave me? It was so thoughtful. I just.... cant! It was the same necklace I was looking at that day when we were coming back to our home in the car. I dont know when exactly he saw me looking at that, but, Lee Eun-woo, the man you are!! It makes me wanna believe that he likes me. He probably doesn't, right? Then why.... why? WHY. THAT. DINNER.

Back to the present, here I am, on the breakfast table, gulping down the omelette he made. It's nice..

"Don't we get full winter holidays? Like for New Year? That's not nice." I say complaining, cause I really don't wanna go to the Office.

"If we don't go, who will manage those poor souls who die?" He says, smiling benignly.

"Well, yeah. Of course there's that." I say.

We both lock our apartment and go to the Office.

"Well, time for a new case." Sung-Jae says, as soon as he enters our cabin.

"Oh, yes. It's been a while." I say, smiling merrily.

I was just about to go to the hall to take a new death card, when another reaper (probably a senior, by his looks), comes inside and bows.

"Wang Sun Yeong here. I have a special case for umm...... Miss.. Moon-Young?" He says, and looks up to see who Moon-young is.

I raise my hand and nod.

"Oh, alright. Here you go. It's a complicated one. The Gods have ordered that you should solve this. If you do, we'll make you an official reaper without any examination." He says, looking at Eun-woo. "You can take help from your mentors." He adds.

I don't say anything. I take the death card from him.

I read it aloud.

"Kim Namgi, 34. Prosecutor and Novelist."

I take a pause.

"Cause of Death......... "

"What is it??" Sun-Jae asks, hurriedly.

"Unknown" I say, breathing hard.

"WHAT?" Eun-woo practically shouts.

"Moon-Young, are you sure you're reading that right? Because, a cause of death can't be unknown!!" Yoona says, expecting me to say that I did read it wrong.

"She is not wrong. The cause of death really is..... unknown." Sun-Yeong says.

"How is that possible?" Eun-woo asks.

"We leave finding that out to you. My best wishes to you, Moon-young. Your journey so far, has been good. I really hope you crack this one. Farewell." He says, and with a classic woosh of his coat, leaves the room. No more information, nothing.

THIS BRAT!!

"What. the. hell." I say, heaving a huge breath.

"They're leaving such a huge task to a newbie. Unacceptable." Sun-Jae says, crossing his arms.

"But I mean.... Moon-Young has kinda proved herself and her potential a lot, hasn't she? She has solved cases with brilliancy." Yoona says.

"Yeah. But still. This doesn't give them the right to throw her into dangerous and complicated cases." Eun-woo says angrily.

"Don't worry, Mr. grim reaper. We'll show them. And.... if I do this, I can become an official reaper!" I say, cheering him up and patting his head lightly.

"Yes. We will, my moony." He says, smiling.

'MY' MOONY????!!!

I think I'm gonna die of blushing too hard.