Chapter - 17

"Huh? Moon-Young?" Eun-woo says in disbelief.

"Wait. You like her too?" Joon asks, equally surprised.

A tension rises in the air. The once happy, memory-full kitchen fills with shock and doubt. Just like the last time, two best friends, liking the same person. That time, it resulted in a suffering of a lifetime. What will it result in now?

"Haha. What a coincidence!" Eun-woo says with a laugh. But the feelings inside his heart were something else.

"Yeah. I know, right? I mean, then again, she's so kind and pretty. Who wouldn't like her? Ethereally beautiful, like an angel." Joon says, stirring the soup.

"You know what happened once? We completed a case, and then we got so excited that we hugged each other. It was so awkward after that, man. She was blushing like hell. Now that I think of it, we do hug a lot. She loves patting my head when I get sad too. I guess some things just happen when you live together." Eun-woo says after a while. There was a menacing smile, both inside his head and on his face.

"Yeah. I remember. When I met her after her hearing at the Fines Department, I was about to cry. And she embraced me. She is so amazing. And.... I love it when she talks about my garden.. My hydrangeas. They're all for her. All of them, I can give them to her, if she says. At once, without any hesitation." Joon replies, in an equally menacing way.

Both of them were burning with jealousy. However, on their faces were just merry smiles. It was a funny atmosphere. Two best friends, trying to make each other jealous.

"You know, sometimes I get the impression that she actually likes me." Eun-woo says with a tone of finality in his voice.

"Well, I think that too. When I first met her, she was staring at me. And her face lit up when I approached her that evening." Joon says.

Suddenly, a shock like sensation passes through both of them.

"You really aren't gonna give up on her, are you?" Eun-woo asks Joon, grinning.

"No. I dont think so. I'm gonna try my best to make her mine. Yes. She will be the one to decide and choose. Until then, I'll try my best." He says, serious.

"We'll see who she chooses at the end."

>>>>>>>>>>>>End of POV<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

"Oh my god. Now I know how hard it must be for Eun-woo to do the laundry. Jesus. I'm going to try not losing next time." I say, after a long time, as I finish doing my chores.

Eun-woo and Joon must be done by now, right? Cause, God. I'm SO HUNGRY.

I walk into the hall. On the dining table, a little arrangement of cutlery and good food awaits me.

'This lookes good." I say and sit down on the chair.

"I know, right? Its been quite some time since we made something together." Eun-woo says and takes a seat beside me.

"I hope you like it." Joon says, as he takes a chair and drags it to sit on my other side.

"You could have just sat there, Joon. Why did you drag your chair all the the way here?" Eun-woo asks, mockingly.

"Oh, well. I want to make sure Moon-Young is enjoying her food nicely." He replies, beaming positively.

The food is good. I enjoy each and every thing. I dont know why, but every now and then both of them try to shove something into my mouth, saying, "I'm sure you'll like this one." or something like- "Taste this" or "How is this one?" I guess they want to be nice.

After a long chat, Joon decides to depart.

"But. You can stay with us for tonight. He can, cant he? Eun-woo? Maybe you guys can have a little bonding?" I say.

"I'd love that actu-" Joon says, but Eun-woo cuts him short.

"Oh Moony. You dont know. Its very busy in The Angels Department these days and he must be so tired. Let's not trouble him. Have a good night, my friend. See you later!~" Eun-woo says and basically shoves Joon out the door.

"Did you guys have a good time together??" I ask Eun-woo, teasingly.

"Hmm. I think so." He answers, smiling to himself. He looks pleased.

"You know, I wanted to ask you something." I say.

"Go ahead."

"Yoona was telling me the other day that she wants us four to have a Christmas Party together. You know, Its Christmas next week. So, I was wondering if you wanna do that? Cause, maybe you weren't comfortable with it. Thats why I didn't say 'yes' to her that time. I think I want to spend the Christmas eve with them. What about you ?" I ask him.

"Hmm.... I think."

"You think?"

" That I have better plans."