Chapter - 20

"Here, these are all of files related to Kim Namgi's life." Sung-Jae says, bringing a pile of folders to Eun-woo's desk.

Its been an hour since that Man in Black came and caused this turmoil. Jeez, brother. Unknown cause of Death. WOW.

"But, I've been thinking....." I say and trail off.

"What?" Eun-woo asks.

"WE ARE REAPERS, NOT DETECTIVES, FOR JESUS'S SAKE! WE ARE SUPPOSED TO GUARD THEM SAFELY TO HEAVEN OR HELL. NOT INVESTIGATE THEIR DEATHS!! ISN'T THAT THE WORK OF POLICE??" Yoona shouts.

"Umm... exactly." I say, admiring her daring spirit.

"I know that, but, there's nothing we can do, Yoona." Sung-Jae says, smiling knowingly.

We all take some folders for ourselves and pour ourselves in.

After what seemed like an hour, I get up and take the pad of sticky notes from the table and head to the bulletin board.

"Let's see what we know." I say. Everyone nods. I think we've all read enough about his life to list down some basic facts about him.

"He was a prosecutor. Unmarried. He was good at his profession and definitely well off. And there's something else... He was an author too. He wrote anonymously."  I smile.

Yoona smiles too.

"What?" Eun-woo and Sung-Jae ask at the same time.

"He wrote Romance Novels. With a touch of Criminal Mysteries." I say.

"And the book- 'Crown and Blood' is written by him." Yoona basically squeals.

"Well, he's dead now. So, you shouldn't be so happy?" Sung-Jae says, bored.

"Oh, Sung-Jae, you don't know the importance of THAT BOOK. ITS FREAKING CROWN AND BLOOD! A gem. A GEM. And! we know his real identity! A prosecutor! Isn't it amazing?" I say, trying to make him understand.

"Okay, I guess." He says, laughing.

We continue writing some more facts on the notes. After some minutes of hard work, I step back and we all admire our work.

So basically, out of all that information we have collected, there are these notable points-

1. He had an enmity with three families, because some or the other member of those families were sent to the prison because of him.

2. The first family was the Seo family. A surname known because of the political importance it holds. Half the members of that family are politicians. (And, pretty powerful)

3. The second family was of the Jangs. They were... Gangsters, basically. Committed heinous crimes, they did. The father and son were both serial killers. The son was sentenced to life because of Namgi.

4. The third family was the Lee family. Hmm... Lee Family? There are a lot of different Lee's so, don't connect it to Eun-woo. They were business people.

5. Namgi had clearly done something to fuel their anger. The Lee Business got ruined, and some members of The Seo family were arrested because of him.

"Hmm... all of that is great but." Eun-woo says and looks at us, as if he's trying to find the right words..

"But what, Mr. Grim Reaper?" I ask.

"Why are we going in that direction? I mean, what does it matter if these families had an enmity with Namgi? We don't even know how he died. Shouldn't we find out that first?" He asks, like its the most obvious thing in the world.

"Well, naturally. After seeing the details about his life, the first thing we were going to do was see the conditions in which he died." Sung-Jae says, his eyes closed.

"Oh, alright." Eunwoo says.

We get into our car and travel to his house. He's been dead for only about 2 hours. Living in such a remote part of the city, of course no one is aware that he has died.

We reach towards the outskirts of the City. He had a lot of wealth, but chose to live in such a humble environment. A lovely cottage house. That gives Romantic Aesthetic, for real.

I get out of the car. Without much hesitation, we open the door. It was unbolted, anyway. I lead the way to his room.

The door is open, and there's a cushioned chair on which he's seated. The back of the chair faces us.

"Is he still alive?" Yoona asks.

I and Eun-woo nod. We both get inside and walk towards the other side of the chair.

Upon reaching the other side, we can clearly see a dagger, piercing his chest, towards his heart. His face holds a sinister expression. Its mortifying.

"Its murder." Eun-woo announces to the others. The sight of the dagger shoved in his chest makes me scared. More scared than I've been in my entire life.

"Now we've just gotta find which of the three families did it." Sung-Jae says.