Chapter - 14

We both walk out of the "Office" and get straight into our car. He's furious. I have absolutely no idea what's going to happen now.

All the while.... he doesn't say a word. He isn't exactly driving at a dangerous speed, but it's faster than usual. We almost hit another car as we stop at the traffic lights. I'm so scared right now. My grip on the door handle tightens. The silence between us is dangerous.

Maybe he notices the fact that I'm afraid and slows down the car a bit, driving at his normal pace now.

I look to my side.... There are so many beautiful shops in the background. Luxury showrooms, actually. Fashion, perfumes, makeup, bags..... and necklaces. My attention goes to a necklace store as the car decelerates while making a turn. There is a beautiful necklace sitting in the showcase. It's so pretty. But it's not like I have any money now. Specially not after paying that fine. So... I let go of that idea and sigh a little. I don't think Eun-woo pays any attention, though.

After a few minutes, we reach home.

He unlocks the door and we both get inside... He still doesn't say a word. He just stands there, looking frustated. It's like.... he's.... furious.. but....

with himself?

I close the door. Suddenly, he comes closer to me. It's like my whole body experiences a sudden shock. My heart is beating wildly, and he just keeps on getting closer.... I shut my eyes.

"Why are you closing your eyes?" He asks. And I open my eyes.

Wait. WHY did I close my eyes???

"Umm... well.. I..." I'm unable to say anything... he's so close....

"I think you owe me an explanation." He says softly. I can feel his breath upon my face. But then, he steps away, turning his back on me.

"Oh... right." I clear my throat.

And then I tell him everything. Everything Joon told me. I didn't mention the fact that he was... umm... very close to me during our conversation. He just listens. His expression never changes. Just like when I told Joon about my problem and he just listened, without a word.

"And.. that's it. He tried to approach you, but you wouldn't listen." I say, concluding my explanation.

"What makes you think he wasn't lying?" He asks, after a minute.

"Eun-woo. I know he wasn't. Why don't you believe him for once!? Talk to him! Sort this out! It's all a misunderstanding!! End this suffering, please. Both of you.... you're suffering. And I don't want that.. for either of you." I say, not looking into his eyes.

"Moon-Young. How am I supposed to? HOW DID SUNMI BECOME AN ANGEL IF HE DIDN'T TELL THE GODS TO DO IT?? AND HE DID LIKE SUNMI, RIGHT? SO... BY ALL LOGICAL MEANS, HE IS THE ONLY POSSIBLE CULPRIT BEHIND THIS!!"

"You know... someone told me once. That the realm of airs is dangerous. That you can't even trust a God himself." I say and rush into my room and lock it. He rushes at the same time and starts knocking on the door.

"Moon-young, open the door."

"No."

"Open it."

I reject the proposal again.

"Please, Moon-young." He says in a calmer tone.

I open it.

He sighs and then hugs me. Without breaking the hug, he says....

"Look, the only reason I got furious was... because.. I didn't want the same thing happening to you as he did to Sunmi or Moon-bin. I wanted you to be safe. I can't lose you too. But... if you're saying that you believe him.... then okay. I'm not going to talk to him myself, but... I won't stop you from doing that. Alright?"

"But, Eun-woo....."

"Moon-Young. I think I need more time to process all of this. I'm sorry."

"Hmm... I guess it's okay."

"There's something I'm curious about, though....." I say after a while as we sit down on the sofa.

"What is that?"

"How do you recognize fates?"

"Let's have that game of UNO." He says, dodging the question. I wonder why?

"Mr. Lee... answer me."

But he doesn't. We have our game of UNO....

And ofcourse.. I win again.