Ch.56 - Chekov's firing squad

"Alright, Eri. Today we'll be going over human anatomy, specifically the human skeleton and all the parts that make it up."

The horned student nodded at her tutor, Mukoka. "Like the skull and stuff?"

"Exactly, and today we have a 'special someone' to assist us."

The tutor gestured to her left, as coming through the door into the makeshift classroom was a familiar skeletal agent... who wasn't wearing anything.

Every pure white bone of his body was displayed as he waved awkwardly. "Hi, Eri."

The girl widened her eyes. "Uncle Jinzo!? What are you doing here? Why are you naked?"

"Helping your education... and making it up to your mother for telling you words I shouldn't have." He muttered that last part.

The agent wasn't thrilled about this situation, to put it lightly. While he didn't possess anything indecent to show, walking around naked was still very uncomfortable, let alone being a tool for teaching anatomy to a child. But Ryuko had decided this would be his comeuppance. 'Educating Eri properly for a change' as she had put it.

The agent was tempted to declare this discrimination or a micro-aggression against skeleton people. However, as far as Jinzo knew, he was the only existing skeletal person. So that was somewhat moot, though it could've been funny to say it anyway in his mind.

Mukoka clapped her hands. "Thank you for coming, Mr. Binks. Ms. Ryukyu has informed me you have trouble standing for long periods without your special suit, so feel free to tell me if you need to sit down."

He nodded at the short woman. "Thank you, Ms. Mukoka. But I should be fine for now. I'm not completely dependent on my muscle suit."

"Wonderful, so do you mind if we start now?"

He gestured with a bony hand. "By all means."

Mukoka looked back at Eri and pointed at Jinzo's head. "Now you already know what this part of the skeleton is, right?"

Eri pointed happily. "The skull!"

"Yup! As you might know, this part helps keep your brain safe from harm while holding your teeth and supporting your face. But Mr. Binks, there are other uses for the skull, right?"

Jinzo suddenly felt like he was appearing on a child education show, and he was some funny character dragged in to make learning 'more fun.' Which he supposes is the point here.

"Well, Ms. Mukoka, the skull also helps keep a person's eyes and ears in place—unless you're me, of course."

The tutor chuckled, a far cry from when she first met Jinzo, and Ryuko brought up this idea with her. The short woman was almost as pale as our skeletal man typically is.