Ch.63 - Hardly working or Working hard?

"Haaaaaaaaaa~."

"She's not doing too well, is she?"

"Can you blame her?"

Jirou nodded weakly at Mina's response as the girls of 1-A stared at the forlorn Uraraka, whose cheek lay slack against the table they sat at, the gravity girl's eyes vacant and weary.

Asui patted the sad girl's back. "It'll be ok, Ocha. *Ribbit*."

"Mrrrrrrrr." She mumbled weakly.

Momo gestured. "Not to make light of your situation, Ochako. But Midoriya is only focusing on his career for now. Didn't you say you would do the same a while back?"

By this juncture, the brunette had accepted that all the other girls in her class were aware of her feelings towards Midoriya. It was embarrassing, but that's how life was, and her inability to be subtle.

Ochako had consulted with them several times regarding how she intended to handle the situation with Midoriya whenever Mina and Tooru pestered her to a breaking point, and she felt there was no option but to spill.

Ochako sat up straight and raised her hands, her eyes almost bloodshot. "I know that! B-But what if he does that forever!? What if he's one of those married-to-his-job types of people and never wants to be with anyone!?"

Jirou twirled one of her jacks in thought. "That is what All-Might did... And we all know how much of an All-Might fan the broccoli head is."

Ochako slammed her head back down onto the table and groaned. "Mrrrrrrrr."

The rest all sat silently in the common-room of the dorms, wincing at the brunette. The boys were either in their rooms or out for the moment, so the girls had the space to themselves.

Mina leaned towards Ochako. "Cheer up, Ocha. We don't know that for sure... Who knows, maybe this whole thing of being a dad for Eri might make Midori open to having a kid of his own and starting a family."

The gravity girl remained silent. She didn't want to dwell on that, as it reminded her of who Eri considered her mother and where Dekun had spent most of his time lately.

It didn't help that Ryukyu seemed like she was giving special attention to the boy, even though there were valid reasons for doing so. Dekun was a remarkable hero in the making and needed to be treated appropriately. However, it still seemed a bit off somehow...

The time when Dekun seemed to hear voices after overpowering Ryukyu in the past still weighs heavily on her mind, along with how cold the dragoon hero was towards her.

Honestly, the entire situation made her uneasy. It's not that Ochako was upset at Eri or anyone else for this. She wanted the little girl to be happy, but...

Uraraka then felt Asui pat her back again. "Putting that aside, Ocha... Maybe it's about time you considered speaking up sooner rather than later to Midoriya? *Ribbit*."