The Protector of Skye James- Part 15

She caught the intensity in my gaze as it locked onto her hand resting on my wrist, and swiftly withdrew it. Taking a few steps toward her, I guided her closer to the wall. My arms stretched up, palms pressing firmly against the wall beside her face. Her eyes darted over my arms, and I could sense her breath quickening.

"Or what?", I asked, peering down at her.

"Sam, I'm with him okay. I never should have called you", she whispered softly.

I let out a frustrated breath and my head lowered down into her neck gently.

"Then why did you call?", I asked, my head still nestled against her neck. I deliberately hung there, my breath heavy on her neck and I knew she could feel me.

"I...well I...Look I was scared okay, I didn't know where I was, I was confused about stuff. Everything, I mean", she responded.

I peered up towards her again, meeting her eyes. "If he hurts you then you need to leave him, Skye. I can't have you calling me in the middle of the night to fucking save you everytime".

Her eyes narrowed towards me, her soft features dissipating and forcing an angry emotion to splash across her face.

She pushed off the wall and nudged her shoulder into my arm, forcing my arms to fall back to my sides and I took a step back, watching her manoeuvre around me. I turned my body towards her and quickly grabbed onto her wrist, spinning her towards me again, her body flush against mine.

"Don't call me, Skye. I mean it. If there is a problem, dont fucking call. I won't answer anymore. Are we clear?" I spoke menacingly now.

She nodded and withdrew her wrist out of my clutch, heading for the door.

Past- 1 week later

The bitter liquor rushed down my throat, its sting now a familiar sensation. I placed the glass gently down on the counter, breathed heavily and closed my eyes, forcing myself to forget her. However, the guilt of what I had done coursed through me, darkness surrounded me, the room was closing in around me.

"Are you okay? Candice interrupted, a slight hesitation in her voice as she eyed me from across the room.

"You need to leave" I said, dismissing her bluntly, without turning to her direction.

Candice stood there, in disbelief. "Are you fucking kidding me, Sam?" she spat. I turned to face her now, her messy blonde hair laced itself down to her hips, her thighs exposed just below the hem of my black shirt.

"This isn't about me at all, it's her isn't it?" she asked, ignoring my request for her to leave.

"I said get the fuck out", now frustrated and wishing I never told Candice about Skye.

"So what, Sam? You've got a little broken heart? It's been nearly 10 years. Fucking give up!"

I rushed towards her side of the room and stopped myself from grabbing onto her violently as I once did with Skye. "Leave." I whispered against her soft features. She rolled her eyes then headed to the room, pulled on her jeans and grabbed her bag to leave. I breathed a sigh of relief as the room became silent once more.