Chapter Two: To the Farm!

That night, you slept great. You haven't slept like that in years. You wake up refreshed, and ready to take on the day of packing up what little you had. You ordered some breakfast from a local diner to have delivered to you so you could get to packing right away. You wanted to treat yourself also because you felt proud of finally quiting that soul sucking job. After this breakfast though, you need to save any money you have because you know you're gonna need it for the farm.

You throw the covers off yourself and head to the bathroom to get ready for the day. You start to brush your hair and while looking on the mirror, you actually pay attention to how you look. Since you started working at Joja, you had definitely gained weight. Your face was a little chunky, as was the rest of your body. You turn to the side and poke your stomach. It didn't bother you too much to be chunky but you were a little self conscious about how your arms and stomach looked. You don't mind that you got thick thighs. You know some men and women like a thicker women. Your partner always reminded you how much they liked your thickness. You smile, remembering them. 

You shake your head back to reality. You brush your shoulder length, dark brown hair up into a cute little ponytail so it's out of the way for the day. Next, you throw on a cute blouse with some dark washed jeans. Your phone dings, letting you know your food is here. You grab it off your doorstep, take it inside and start packing. 

A few hours later, you're on the road. Your whole life, packed into your car. You had gotten in touch with Mayor Lewis, an old friend of your Grandpa, to let him know you're coming to live on the farm. The conversation was short but sweet. He still remembers you from when you was little and you still remember him. He let you know that your Grandpa's old cabin had a bed, couch, a simple t.v, and an old dining room table already in it. You decided to leave your furniture behind in your apartment, your now old landlord, gave you some cash for it. 

It was four in the afternoon now. You were passing through Calico desert. You should arrive to the farm in about thirty minutes. You hadn't seen this place in many years. It was still pretty to you but you hated the heat of the desert. You closed all your car windows and blasted the ac. You look over in the passenger seat of the car. You had your partner's urn buckled in so it felt.like they were riding with you. You missed them so much. You always talked about wanting to take them to the farm one day, but never got a chance to and you never will. You hoped they were with you in spirit.

You continued driving. A few minutes later, you could see the mountains. For some reason, you started feeling nervous. Was you doing the right thing by leaving your job? Was going to be farm the right path for you? Would you even still remember how to grow crops and fish? You haven't really touched nature in many many years. You started to slow the car down to make your turn. As you turned, you noticed the old bus in the street. You realized that it was the city bus but it looked like it hadn't moved in years. You continued to drive a little ways and then turned right, following the dirt path to the farm. It was five by now, the sun was low in the sky. The farm was coming into sight. The sunlight looked beautiful against the trees you could see, and as you got closer, you could see the old pond off in the distance. 

You pull up in front of the cabin and shut the car off. You get out and are greeted with voices from the porch. You look up and see Mayor Lewis with a woman that looked like she had ginger hair from the sunlight. 

"Y/N! It's so nice to see you again." Lewis said. "You sure have grown." He softly smiled at you 

"I would hope so Mayor. I think the last time I was here I was what ten or eleven?" You couldn't quite remember. It was a difficult period of your life around that time.

"I want to say you was ten. But my old brain could be mistaken." He steps off the porch and approaches your car. The woman follows. "Y/N, this is Robin. She's our local carpenter. She was checking out the cabin to make sure it was safe to live in still."

"It's nice to meet you Robin." You say with a nice smile.

"It's nice to meet you too!" She exclaims. "And I'm happy to report that the cabin still looks intact, despite it not being taken care of in so long."

"Well, my Grandpa built it himself, and he always made sure whatever he built was good quality." You beamed.

"I'll definitely take your word for it. But if you want to expand or want anything fixed, let me know! I'd be happy to have the business." She lightly laughed.

Mayor Lewis clears his throat. "Uh-um. I think it's time to leave Y/N alone so she can get situated before the sun sets." 

You nod at his suggestion. You really wanted to get what you could in the house to ight before it got dark. You say your goodbyes to Robin and Lewis and get to work bringing your stuff into the house. You work quickly and get everything in before the night sky was over you. You really didn't have much to begin with. Some clothes, dishes, a few DVDs, your game system you haven't touched in years due to working so much, and your photo albums. That's about it. 

You walk into he bedroom and find a dresser that looked like it was new compared to the house. You go over and find a note. 

"Just a little house warming gift for you. I hope you like it. -Robin."

You smile, that was awfully nice of her to give you a dresser. You thought you was gonna have to live out of boxes until you could buy a dresser. You quickly grab your boxes of clothes and shove them into the dresser. After that you quickly put away the dishes you have and the rest of the things you have. You glance at your phone and it's elven at night. You're impressed you got all that done already. You walk over and flop onto your bed. Within seconds, you're out cold, exhausted from the day.