Chapter Four: First Harvest and meeting Willy

You wake up bright and early on Friday. The sun is just peeking over the valley. You glance at your phone, realizing it's five in the morning already. You're surprised you woke up with such ease. But then again you're not. You have been sleeping better since you moved to Stardew Valley earlier in the week. You've been going to bed earlier too from being so exhausted. 

You quickly get up and throw on a long sleeve shirt with some jeans. You're not really hungry yet so you head out to check on your crops. You check and see the the parsnips are ready to be harvested already and the potatoes you planted look like they'll be ready in a couple of days. You were always amazed about how fast the parsnips could grow and still are. You pluck all fifteen out of the ground, glancing over them as you go. You decided to keep a couple of the smaller ones for yourself and sell the rest to Pierre. 

You take care of a few weeds that popped up near the garden then head inside with your small harvest. You wash up the parsnips, leaving the two you want on the counter. Then you dry the rest, putting them in your basket for when you leave for town. You remember Lewis saying that a lot of the townsfolk gather at the Saloon on Friday nights. You decide to go so you can meet more people. You head to the bathroom to shower to clean up from the morning. 

After you showered. You look at the clothes you have. You don't want to dress up super fancy but you don't want to look like a bum either. You rummage for awhile. You finally find a light long-sleeved dress in the dresser. You pull it out. It's a solid light pale pink dress. You put it on and then find a nice belt to wear with it. You step back and look in the mirror. You didn't think it looked super fancy but still nice. You was debating about putting on some makeup but decide against it. You feel you don't need it.

It's twelve in the afternoon by now. You decide to make lunch before you head out, realizing how hungry you are now. You make a simple little soup with one of the parsnips. It tastes so good. You haven't had a homegrown veggie in so long. It's now one according to your phone. You decide to head out. You grab your basket of parsnips and phone. You head out of the front door. As you start walking you realize that your mail flag is up. You stop and see that you have a letter. You open it. It's from Willy. He's the local fisherman. It says he just got back from a trip and would like you to stop by to see him.

You decide to head that way now. You weren't doing anything at the moment. You decide to take the path south of the farm. You know it would take into the forest down there. You wanted to see if you could find anything to forage. You always wanted to see if Marnie still lived down that way. You slightly remember her from when you was younger. Grandpa had bought his first animals from her. You wondered if she had a family or anything by now. It was just her back then. You wanted to know but your anxiety about knocking on her door made you feel a pit in your stomach. Maybe if she happened to be outside you would say hi.

You head that way, when you hit the forest, you start finding leeks and wild horseradishes along the way. You find some dandelions also. You're pretty sure that folks around here use them in salads so you decide to grab to see if Pierre would buy them off you. You want to start making as much money as you can so you can get a coop onto your farm. You're not sure what happened to the one that Grandpa used to have. You notice a big copper silo and realize you've reached Marnie ranch. You look around but don't see anyone out. You continued along, picking up some more leeks. You hear a door open and look up. Some guy that looked like he hadn't shaved in forever walked out of the door of Marine's house. He was wearing the Jojamart uniform and looked super grumpy. You frown because you had no idea that foul company had made it's way into this valley. 

You watch him walk along the dirt path to town. He doesn't even notice you staring at him. You watch until you can't see him. You wonder who that was. Maybe he lived with Marnie? You weren't sure. He definitely didn't seem like her type. You check your phone. It's only two now, so you decide to head to the beach now. It doesn't take you long to reach it. You look around. It was as beautiful as you remember it. You walk towards the docks, lost in thought. Grandpa never let you fish here because he was always afraid of you falling into the ocean or catching an eel.