3.2

7:03 am

Monday morning rolled around and Sera was dreading the school day to come. She had to get there even earlier as Ant had a CUMLORDS meeting and she had footy. After the match the week prior Missy had convinced her to join the team and Sera was more than happy too.  As the twins pulled into the parking lot none other than her now ex stood waiting for Ant. But it was the person Spider was talking to that caught her attention, Spider was leaning on a beam talking to Missy. he wore a dopey smirk on his face and the interaction made Sera's heart twist in pain. Exiting the car Sera watched Missy walk off and Spider lifted his head meeting Sera's eyes. She held the bag of neatly wrapped desserts tightly in her arms just looking down at her feet. Ant walked over to Seraphine hanging his arm lazily around her shoulders, "You ok?" he looked down at her with concern and all she could do was nod. Ant watched her with sad eyes as she sped off towards to Oval, before turning his attention to Spider, the said blonde kept his eyes on Sera and watched her walk off. Ant just shook his head before meeting with Spider and making their way to the oval.

7:16 am

"So what did he say exactly?" Harper, Amerie Missy and Seraphine sat on the oval doing their stretches and chatting. The conversation had drifted to Amerie and Malakais's relationship, Sera was just happy to not talk about herself for a bit. " 'We don't need labels.' " Amerie scoffed even more confused about where she and Malakai stood. Sera looked to where the CUMLORDs gathered around the garden all drenched head to toe in dirt from digging holes for the past 10 minutes. Sera's eyes stayed on Spider the most, the way his arms were flexing, and the beads of sweat glistening on them as well as the concentration on his face was so hot. She shook her head turning back to the girls. "What does that even mean?" Harper questioned. Amerie shrugged "I don't know, Oral, but no hand-holding?" Amerie sighed in confusion, "There's definitely something up with him. I just can't figure out what." They all looked past Amerie to stare at Malakai.

"Maybe he's just got some personal sh*t going on?" Missy said gaining their attention again, "Like what?" Am added. Missy rolled her eyes, "Jesus, Amerie. I don't know. You think I've got a hive mind or something?" Sera giggled lightly as Harper added they were in a situationship, "You know what they say. Eight out of ten situationships end badly." Amerie tilted to head towards Harper, "And the other two?" she questioned hopefully. "End horrifically" Sera added, Harper and Missy nodding in agreement. Amerie just waved off her comment, "I think I just need to ride out whatever this is until he realizes he wants to be with me." They all gave her a tight lip smile before turning their attention to behind Amerie where Malkai was walking over. Amerie turned seeing the boy and stood in an instant "Oi! Malakai". Sera put her hands on Amerie's shoulders comfortingly "Be chill Am" she muttered before Standing with Harper and Missy. "Hey, that looked like fun. You having fun?" Amerie spoke before hugging Malakai awkwardly and shaking their bodies, Sera held her face in her hands getting second-hand embarrassment from just watching the exchange. "heaps of fun. I've actually... I... I've gotta go, so." Malakai looked past her trying to break away, "Oh, right. Um, see you later then." He didn't even give Amerie a second glance before walking off, "Yeah. Casually, or not. Either way." Once Malakai had walked off Missy, Harper and Sera walked over, "Was that a body shake?" Sera questioned leaning her head on Amerie's shoulder. Amerie just grunted a yes nodding, "Okay. Well, forget about him and just focus on the election. Yeah?"

8:05 am

Sera and Ant stood at her locker, she was fixing up his collar and mess of hair getting him prepared for the campaign funding. "Now be polite and respectful, and bring up the values of the party" She finished up her pampering as Ant glanced in the mirror hung in Seraphine's locker, sure Amerie was her friend, but Ant was her brother. No harm in helping both parties. Ant nodded at her enthusiastically, Sera leaned into her locker grabbed out a box of pastries and handed it to Ant, "And cause I know you'll get hungry" Ant beamed already stuffing a brownie in his mouth ecstatically. Sera rolled her eyes with a smile before looking past Ant to see Spider approach them. "Ant let's go" Sera looked towards her locker, she sucked in a deep breath before grabbing another box of treats and holding it out towards Spider. He looked quizzically between the box and Sera, he took the box slowly still keeping his eyes glued on her, "good luck today" was all she said before slamming her locker and marching to class.

Spider carefully unwrapped the box seeing the different array of brownies and cupcakes with delicate pink frosting, Spider smiled adoringly at the box forgetting Ant was there. Ant just bumped his shoulder against Spider giving him a cocky smile. Spider just rolled his eyes as they made their way to the office. Sera still had that tall blonde idiot wrapped tightly around her finger.

Word count: 947