Learning More Than Telepathy

Fa sat with us. "I can teach—"

"I must object! You are nae recovered from Esteerr!"

He laughed. "King Lyyyrah learned healing—"

"He nae gave any concessions when you visited two days past, and I had to force regen on you! Will you lose this telepathy?"

"From Earthans, as weak as their—"

Pas frowned at Fa! "It takes much stamina to teach any Earthan, and you think to train 7 at one? I agree with Konomai. You must ne attempt this. I think I shall ask of one of our diplomats—"

"O, Pas, I think I am well for this!" Antomias sat with us.

"After you went with Konaris?"

He laughed and pulled Pas' orange hand to his forehead. "I nae ever served a mission but in my memories. I am Antomias' ba who shall serve missions in his place. Antomias, 2nd Prince Of Esta Faho, at your service!"

Pas laughed. "I pronounce you healthy, and ea, you are well for all seven." He rubbed his bald head. Odd, I never saw a bald Zheien, and we went to a lot of Zheien worlds. Fa had a full head of blond hair. Not a silver hair in it, though he definitely had some lines at the corners of his eyes.

"While we wait to lift, let me show you your new home, and I can help you site and design them." The orange of the ship and all the noise of Earthan conversations faded.

We stood in the middle of seven buildings, that each had seven sides. Near the sky blue one. Like giant gems shining under a yellow sun. The yellow sand felt warm on my feet. A lady ran to us with a tray of pastries, and a little girl Allison's age had a tray of candies. Allison smiled. Like her, the girl had brown eyes and carrot-bright hair. "Hi, my name is Mias and I am 7. Wish you to see how these taste, or do you wish to taste Mea's pastries first? Candies keep in stasis but pastries are unwell after two days, even in stasis, so you might wish to put two candies in your alt storage."

"What's stasis?" Rose surprised me by venturing the question.

"It is when timespace slows about an object. I nae understand it, but I like to try. Things become very cold and most foods nae spoil. But festival foods are only available during festivals because we can nae grow many, though our growers research to find ways to grow more."

Allison nodded. Usually, she doesn't respond to people and just wants to do art. She's in special ed at school because she won't talk unless she's in her room with just one of us. But she wishes she'd been there before Millie died. Her problems started last year. I explained all of it to Pas, and heard him warning everyone not to expect her to answer. But it felt good to see her responding to Mias. Usually she ignores other kids.

Mias kind of broadcasted what things tasted like, and Antomias handed Allison one candy after another as Mias showed us.

Karl frowned. "Hey, no fair! I wanted to try some, and she said two."

"Karl, there will be more of these that you wish, and I shall find them for you. Your sa needs them, for she has disabilities."

"So do I, and Jo, and Rose! We're all disabled! I'm ADHD and have to take meds for it. Allison's just mental. She'll be a mass murderer—" His abuse prog went off and we didn't see him!

We girls gasped! Yeah, I read that, too, but nobody ever talked about it!

Allison turned away and hugged her knees.

Antomias put her on his lap. Stroked her pigtails. "Nae believe these harmful words! I see that you have this prog running, that hides your ba. O, I am sorry he said this to you! Allison, nae fear to speak. Nae here will laugh at you if you mix your sounds."