Galarsmen's Regen

Shivers got more frequent, then he curled up. Healers supported his arms and legs and gently rolled up his fingers. Curved his arms in. As a body they slid their arms under him and helped him turn on his side. Normally healers don't move someone in regen. They either heal, or they die, and not much between the extremes. But if they fall out of regen and it doesn't finish, they usually die! Anybody with an aandat can have a regen, and certain species like Thordes, even without one. I never saw an old person in regen. But if he was that old, would his curls be silver?

Farley barely touched my mind. He is only 90, this year. For us, middle. Pie was middle before his recloning. Pirad hopes to wake his wife, but--

"Galar!" A healer brought in a crying lady.

"Ih-"

"Eae! I am your Ilaesan, and I stay." She whispered, then sang comfortsong.

He had a hint of a smile, and his body shook harder.

Nobody said anything. Except my brother bounded in and opened his mouth. We didn't hear him. Someone took him out and explained, then he looked horrified. I didn't write that prog, but sure grateful we had it!

A couple of hours passed, so I checked progs for Pas. To my shock, nothing needed changing. They worked like everyone else's worked. Why?

One of the other healers smiled. Child, Pirad changes all mixed ones, so we are closer to Zheien of Fhiah, or MarKu. Is gradual, over weeks. Do you see how much orange is in our yellow? Soon we are nae yellow, but orange, or some will be brown, or even blue, or green.

Will you miss being yellow?

That amused him quite a bit. I can sacrifice my yellow, for greater health! Someday, we consider yellow as unwell a color as gray.

Will Eans turn orange, too?

Nae! Their unwells are oft from malnutrition, and we have plenty of food! They use new methods on Kin Para and Calladia, so soon we have the first harvest from them. Fhiah and MarKu had great yields this season, and planted more, so we enjoy their increase.

I hadn't really thought about where our food would come from.

Farley was tired and fell asleep on our leiwege. He lasts longer these days, but moving is exciting. I checked his prog and everything was normal.

I had other projects that I worked on while regen went on. Finally, Galarsmen went limp and Pas looked him over. His wife slept next to him with her back against his. After four tense checks, Pas sat back on his feet. "Be happy, all who worry for Galarsmen. He will recover completely."

"What happened to my friend? Will he have unwell again?" Nitomahan sat by him. He'd just come back from the Temple with a slew of other worried people.

Pas sighed. "His mind spilled. But, he had a strong regen, and all is well now. He needs days of rest, but he is well. I began herbs to strengthen his vessels. For a few days, he must rest much, that his mind heals. He may have unwells of memory. We must comfort him quickly, that upset ne brings unwell again.

"I can ne predict if severe unwell comes again. I hoped we had progs in place to warn of this, but once we knew of it, his progs also knew and acted to save him. Pirad's work is very well."

"Pirad? I didn't see him—" I looked around. Stupid, he's in his lab! Where else would he be?

"Lady, we all have his healing terminals spread by touch. When he had unwell, they acted to save him, but Pirad saw him through me. He learned to send his healing, Ella."