Elsie's Sister

I wrote progs, I slept, Farley ate when I ate, and I was a lot hungrier than ever! "Did I eat four pastries? I need to cut back—" I almost said, 'Novas!' Earth didn't make Danger Service yet, a sitcom that spoofs Diplomatic Service in every way possible. An early episode had two stars nova at once and the silly character said it. Suddenly, every DS Team was saying it and laughing over the mistakes in the low-budget vid! Especially Thordes. They laugh at everything, even corny jokes. I learned to make jokes with our Team because our Thordes members thought every joke I told was hilarious!

Pas laughed. "Ella, progs compensate. You need extra food, because your mind works very hard. I encouraged Farley to eat more, and he is much more well now."

I watched my handsome husband. His blond curls had more life in 'em, and he sat without support from his leiwege. That yellow skin nearly glowed. Over this past week? Like I'd been so busy I didn't notice the date on my progs?

I guess that's like truck drivers have to eat more 'cause driving burns 500 calories an hour. But if they eat a lot of snacks, they still get fat.

Farley startled and I got ready to hug him, but he didn't look upset. A happy expression just kind of seemed to glow on his face, and I smiled. "Love, Earth passed the Alliance Treaty! Next Monday, he considers a Unified vote. Our clones are very happy! They convinced Dr. Apfelbaum's family to come here and work with us. Finally, his brother agreed to bring his family, and his will come. Many of his wife's families and his relatives plan to leave tonight with them. They will come on Pol's ship, a diplomat of Kin Para."

There was quite a list of Earthans, and several people from Midtown High that I barely knew, and some in my classes at GSU. But no one close. I wished I hadn't been such a loner while I was there. Kind of depressing, but I'd invite a friend to my house and they never came back. My dysfunctional family made me feel like maybe a leper felt back when there was no cure.

Karl got excited because some of his friends were coming, but not here. He talked about porting over to MarKu a lot, and to Ye~. Mostly, it was Jason and Steven and Brian and their ball games. A lot of kids their ages played, Earthan and Zheien. MarKu's Earthan Colony had 400 people already, in 5 cities! Ours had us, Bedelia's family, she married Jos Keil. Becky's family, the girl who married 1st Prince Antomias, and Elsie, she married Nespa and I missed that. And a lady named Stacy had a big family with kids, and another lady named Yelena, who married Nathanhai. But, all of them were only 21 people.

There are long lists of people with plans to go to each of the other—35 worlds, now? But none waiting on Elshar Zheiea. I waved up a map of the Earth Elshar Zheiea colony. There are a few Elshars that married Earthans who live there, including Berto. But the other 4 worlds of Rahn Estar had about 20 or less people. Elshar Zheiea, the rest of it, has maybe a hundred.

But there was another list that was foster kids adopted by Elshar Zheien. Now that Earth signed the Alliance Treaty, they are bringing 5000 of the 110,000 foster kids here to Elshar Zheiea! "Elsie! Did you see this?"

Elsie ran over and her husband kept her from falling as she stumbled to me. "What? Foster kids? Oh, I would've loved for a Zheien family to adopt me!" She cried.

Nespa pulled with his mind and a huge crowd came running. "See my family, dear wife, they are yours!" One of them gasped.

"Sylvia, you came to us? But I thought the ship nae arrived yet!" A lady hugged her.

Nespa laughed. "She is nae Sylvia, but Elsie, Sae Esian."

"But, she looks—" A holo came up of her twin!