Fae

I spotted another poor fella hiding under a blanket near our portal. Went to him. Sat near him, but not touching. "Ba, may I put ea fae on you?"

He shuddered. I got some on my hand from my pocket pyramid and held it barely touching his twin-fingered hand. He jerked it away. Then, startled. "O!" Rubbed the finger with his other hand. Looked at me, blue eyes wavering. I barely saw his eyes under the blanket.

I held more almost to his hand, and he reached to it with a finger. I nodded. "You may touch, my son." I spoke Zheien.

"Master, I be good?" His head nodded.

"Eae, my son, you are good. You earned ea fae. I wish to put some on you." This poor man had deliberate scars down his legs and toes. And his arms and hands. I held out a lot more ea fae.

He took it and rubbed it on his fingers. Smooth, unbroken skin. I kept pumping it out, and he bathed his face in it. Smiled. Then, he put it on the back of his head and I had to catch him!

Pas gasped and came running! "Let me help you, Ella. My son, I am Pas, a healer."

When he took him, he got a grip on his hand, then studied it. Looked at his hand. Back at Pas'. "You are—you are—"

"Is there pain, my son? You lie in healing." With great care, Pas lifted him and leaned his head against his chest.

The man felt the material of his white robe. Then traced one of the Tessite symbols on the purple stripe down the front edges of the robe. "Generosity."

"Ea, my son. You remember the 7th Aspiration."

He sobbed. "I put. Namesign."

"Is there pain to remember this?" Pas moved towards the Esta Faho group.

"Nae. Slavers nae ask."

"Did they punish you to see kinsmen?"

"Wanted Tessite. I nae tell. My king. Tell him."

"O, I will, my son, but you see him soon. We travel home."

"Home?" He cried. "Bae."

"I know you miss him. Is there pain, to see these men, my son?" He slowly turned around so this poor man could see every face. When he saw Fa, he reached. "Bae! O! Bae!"

Fa turned gray and jumped up! "Fa! Father Of All blessed us today!"

Slowly, he reached both hands for Fa's blond curls and pulled his head against his chest. As he did, Pas bent and sat on a leiwege so he didn't have to work at it. "Bae! Mind pain? Pah~!"

"I am nae harmed, Fa! Rest. This healer is for you—"

Konomai put both hands on Fae's head. "I am here! Rest. I see you quickly!"

"Kono! Bae! Far!"

"Eae, Fae, I am here—"

"Who?" He pulled my hand against his chest. Zheien never, ever touch the chest! I froze.

"Fae, see my wife, Ella! She found you, Fae!" Farley wept. They missed Fae so much! He carried Fae's terminal with him. When he felt bad, he held it against his chest, just like Fae held my hand--

Fae kissed my hand. "Sae. Help Bae, ea fae?"

"Eae, Fae!" I waved up a big bowl and slathered it on all three of 'em. What a happy reunion! My family came back and helped me with it.

Pas checked Fae and had me write progs for him. He needed everything! Progs to give him nesfa, heart herbs, epilepsy herbs, anxiety herbs, and to sedate him if he tried to harm himself. His file had a lot of stuff we couldn't believe, but added protections just in case. Slavers can train a slave to do stuff that will kill him. I really wanted to test this when we got it written, because I wrote it and Farley added to it, and Fa, and Peh Ras, his wife, Sharon, Camen, his wife Lindy, and Elsie, too! As soon as Elsie added her line, Pas ran it!