On To Esta Faho

Then we five set course for Esta Faho. Slavers kept after us. Farley got very sick and begged for umar seg! I refused.

Ashapat gave me another herb for him, something I never heard about. I got him to take it and he went to sleep, without dreaming anything.

We gave calcs and slept, and he slept. We fed him and gave him his nesfa, as Ashapat directed. And, we didn't tell anyone what we gave him. Our ship was full of scared artisans. The traders got rides with others. Some of these artisans asked for nesfa. Apparently they were mixed Zheien. Anything useful for them, we shared. There was still plenty. A few of them had children with them. Some whole families went to stasis.

Ship's doctor let us know a lot of the poor Zheien were hit with eende' fire. They'll have to go to a healer colony. Neurological damage. Most of them died and went to stasis.

Then, a diplomat contacted me, and we towed his ship. Suddenly Farley sat up. It was time for more nesfa, but he wasn't sweating. "Ley, the engines cause nae pains! How is it possible?"

The diplomat, an Elshar Zheien, laughed. "Pirad modified our ships and portals! I came from Elshar Mashai. As I warmed engines, a Zheien trader gave me a device to make fuel from waste rock in the Barrens! Pain ended, and sound of my engines eased. He told me every ship that lands changes! Apparently, my ship changed yours also!

"The last of our colony left today. But I am Stationed on Rahn Estar. I am Fermarly Of Elshar Mashai Zheien Colony, now called Elshar Zheiea, and I go to help negotiate Elshar demands. They know of our move and fear Rahn Estar changes. But all of Rahn Estar moves to Alb also."

The Elshars with us cried. "Where will we go? D'gharr didn't want us!"

He reassured them that they would go with us to a new world, Elshar Zheiea, and he showed it to us.

Farley shook his head. "I am sure Nitomahan, King Of Esta Faho, would welcome you as he does all artisans—"

"My friend, do you know? All of Rahn Estar's worlds move to this Elshar Zheiea, in a prov with five cities."

Farley collapsed! We put him on his leiwege and he nearly died! I didn't know what to do for him! Fermarly was a relative, but he had not been home in years, so didn't know him. I had no more of that herb. We just held him and gave him marsa. At least travel wouldn't hurt.

Konomai, his healer, met us at the ship when we set down on Esta Faho. Farley was bad, and he gave him umar seg, even though I told him he already had it. Asha seemed very concerned that Konomai isn't a master healer, only Galarsmen is, for 400 people. And, he took the red herb terminal Ashapat gave him and put a yellow one in his pocket!

He stayed sick. Usually, being home helped him a little after the first week. We helped them write progs for moving, right under the noses of the Elshars. And they were very nosy!

But when homes ported, some of the Elshars got weapons and tried to make people stay! Just like in Lopa on K'hasa Zha! Mican went to Rahn Estar to stir up trouble, and his brother Micansen lives here. I expected him to do the same.

Farley jumped up and tried to calm everyone. Elshars stopped to listen to him.

Micansen came out and lifted both arms. "I ask all Elshars to put away your weapons. There are no enemies here. I can now tell you that back on Par Vu, you have homes, fields, and mineral wealth. Par Vu took his mining and farming worlds, and left you your world. Leave us!"

Portals went off and surprised Elshars went in them. Deep blue portals! I'd never seen that color!

All the rest of the Elshars ran to him. "We are leaving? We are free?"