"Chapter Nineteen"

I spent for the next few hours, resting as well catching up on my studies. While I am currently "hiding" and recovering, I guess I could do some school work. As for how I'm feeling? I'm roughly at 80 ish still.

I know I could never recover fully because their goal is to take me back and make me evil even it means having to tire me out. I heard the communicator go off and I would put the pencil down.

"What's new, Zordon?"

"Alpha and I had a few minutes while planning." Zordon's voice explained, "Since Kimberly's dad really wanted to adopt you but can't..."

I see. Zordon and Alpha had got me in the records as an orphan officially. I don't know how they could've pulled it off, though.

"I see."

"You don't seem enthusiastic, is there something wrong?" Zordon asked.

While I don't mind Kim's dad wanting to adopt me — Zordon has been more an actual father figure to me. He's someone who not only understands my secret — but also understands me. I hate having to lie to Mr. Hart as a "human" girl. When I'm more a humanoid creation by the most evil sorceress with both her DNA and the evil lord's DNA.

"Master?" Vi's voice said in the background.

"Sorry, there's a lot on my mind." I admitted, "with the war and I had almost forgotten about that..." I continued, "Bur I'll be honest, Zordon you had been more a father than Zedd. Kimberly's dad is nice don't get me rough it's just—"

"I understand, I always look out for the rangers. Even if they're not mine I still treat them as a friend... as family." Zordon said as I warmly smiled.

"Violet honey!" Kimberly's dad called me down.

"Keep me updated on... their plans." I said as I would come down to see Jason.

"Hey beautiful."

Something feels... strange. Why is Jason coming over acting as if... Wait...

I cautiously took a step forward as "Jason," stood there.

"Honey, you feeling okay?" Kim's dad asked.

Kim's dad too... wait...

I took a step back.

"It's me, Violet. Are you sure you're 80% recovered?" "Jason's" voice asked.

Either Rita and Zedd sent out chameleon illusion monsters or I'm asleep at my desk right now.

"I'm...." I didn't know what to say.

"If it makes you feel any better, I know where I got that teddy bear. It was at the mall."

...Okay. So I am definitely wrong. But then again—

"Jason is she okay?"

I looked at Mr. Hart. I know he's suppose to be my Dad but...

"I think she's still shaken up about everything." Jason commented as he approached.

Unless my mind is playing games because I didn't get much sleep the night before —

"...I'm... fine." I lied.

Jason and Mr. Hart looked at each other, they knew I lied.

"You don't look too good..."

Wait... I looked at my hands. That feeling I cannot shake off. Am I trapped? Is this a trick? Or I could be paranoid because of the lack of sleep?

"I'll keep an eye on her." Jason said as he scoops me up out of nowhere and carried me.

"Jason—"

He shushed me. Once he brought me to my room and closed my door, he would grab the chair from my desk and move towards my bed.

"Jason did you feel... off?"

"No, but I do know why you were acting cautious."

I was going to apologize — but he's heard enough of it.

"It's just... the war has me on edge. I promised myself to not be afraid but— I just can't help it. They're going to attack earth and cause so much chaos over because of me." I said.

While I was doing homework and assignments, I still couldn't stop thinking about that decision.

"I know. That's why Zordon, the gang, and I will try to stop it and protect you."

"Jason..." I said his name, not sure how I have to tell him there is one only way for this to be all over.

He was silent, waiting for me to say something. I would sit up but he would have his hand on my chest.

"Please rest, I'm here now."

"Jason..." I said his name again as I still moved.

"What's wrong?"

"Jason... I don't know how to tell you this, not even I can't even tell the rangers." I began as I started to tear up, "There's only one way for this to end..."

He didn't understand until he thought about it.

"No..." he said shaking his head.

I nodded.

"Every failed creation must be... terminated." I finished.

"You are not a failure, you're amazing, perfect... I was so lucky to be your boyfriend." He said as he teared up, "please don't go along with it. I can't lose you."

"Jason there's only that option or having me try to reason with my parents but that's all they want is to take me back and continue to use me as their puppet." I would say as I quietly cried.

Jason immediately grabs my hand, using his other one to wipe his tears. I would hold his, looking at him.

"And I am lucky... because if this hadn't all happened... I would still be your girlfriend. Heck, I even had a crush on you since the beginning." I admitted.

"Really?"

I nodded.

"While I was on the moon base watching mother send out the monsters while Squatt and Baboo are the bumbling henchmen, Goldar was her right arm man... I would secretly root for you all and wanted to become a ranger just like you guys. But your leadership skills, the way you treat and cared for your friends... I was smitten." I said as the memories run back.

He faintly chuckled.

"That's actually cute." He admits with his faint laugh, "But does this mean... do you want us to be together again?" He paused, "I mean not like right now or—"

I faintly laughed.

"I understand what you mean, Jason." I said as my smile faded, "If I make it—"

"You are not going to sacrifice yourself, Violet. I won't let it happen and neither will the rangers including Zordon and Alpha." He said, determined, "We will make it through this alive and together." He reassured.

I doubt it but I don't want to give him false hope... but this is the only way. I have to do this sooner or later. Our watches would go off and I would let Jason answer Zordon and Alpha. I know they're going to discuss ways to end the war. And I know I'm not part of it... though I don't find myself safe here. But I cannot leave and have Dad worried again.

Although the only place I'd feel safe at is the command center but I know it's also easy to access as well... this is so complicated.

"Violet?"

"Mm?" I responded, half in a daze.

"Get some rest, I'll be back soon. Ranger duties." He said as I nodded.

"Hurry back, ok?"

He nodded before he leaves. I would lay down and grab the teddy bear. It's the one of the other things that also comforts me through this. I held onto it tight. Hopefully I'll be able to sleep in peace for now....