17- The whole story

I was sitting on the bathroom floor next to the toilet for about ten minutes now but whatever I tried, I couldn't calm myself down. I wanted to call Tim, but my phone was still in Zoe's office. Omg, Zoe. What would she think of me right now? Would she help me or would she say that I needed to grow up? And what about my parents? They would probably scold me for being such a screw up baby. Thinking about what a disappointment I was made me sick. I turned towards the toilet and immediately threw up. I was hanging over the toilet, hoping it would stay by one time throwing up.

I suddenly heard a knock on the door and I froze. 'Lucy, It's me Angela. I have Nyla with me. Can we talk for a minute?' She asked. I heard the compassion in her voice. 'No, please, Go away.' I begged, my voice trembling. There was no point hiding it. John and Jackson had probably told them about my outburst and now they wanted to ask even more questions, which I didn't want to answer. 'I'm afraid we can't do that.' Angela said. 'You know, John and Jackson told us about how you wanted us to find out what was going on with you.' She continued. 'And?' I got a little more hope. 'We found it.' Nyla answered and it felt like the last pieces got taken off my shoulders. 'Really?' I started to tear up all over again. I was relieved they found out. 'Yes, can we please open the door so we can talk?' Angela asked again.

I wanted to open the door but, sadly, another bowl of sickness came up and I threw up again. Nyla and Angela probably heard me. After everything I had eaten that day was out and I had taken a minute to breathe, I came out of the stall. Angela immediately came over to me. 'Are you okay? Did you throw up?' She asked, worried. I just nodded, still a little nauseous. 'I've been better.' I washed my hands and Nyla handed me a bottle of water. 'Thanks.' My voice was still a little shaky, my cheeks were wet and my eyes, totally red. I took a couple sips before putting the lid back on. Nyla and Angela just gave me a minute to pull myself together. 'Do you want to talk about it?' Angela asked, eventually. 'Who knows?' How did you find out?' I asked, immediately. 'Were going with questions, okay. How about we go sit down somewhere.' Nyla suggested. I nodded and we all went to one of the investigation rooms.

I was the first one to sit down at the table and I stared at the table while Angela and Nyla sat down in front of me. 'Angela, can maybe use your phone for one moment to call Tim?' I asked, desperate but polite. 'Yes of course.' She said without hesitation. She put her phone down on the table in front of us and I grabbed it. I thanked her before walking out and I dialed Tim's number. 'Hi, Ange.' Tim said, he sounded happy. 'Tim, It's me.' I tried to keep my voice under control, trying not to worry him too much. 'Lucy, Everything okay?' He immediately sounded worried. 'Yes, I'm fine, I think.' I wanted to explain but he kept interrupting me. 'Luce, you're either fine or not fine. Which is it?' he asked. 'I, I'm not totally fine. Can you come pick me up?' I asked, My voice trembling again. 'Yes, I'll be right there. What happened? Why are you calling me with Angela's phone?' He fired his questions. 'I'll explain later. I don't know how but they found out about me and Zoe.' I explained. 'Okay, I understand. I'll be right there, see you soon.' He said. I was very glad he understood, I didn't want to explain everything right now, 'Thank you. I'll be in interrogation room one with Angela and Nyla.' I said before hanging up. I went back inside.

'Thanks.' I said again as I handed Angela her phone again. 'Of course.' She replied. I sat down again. 'So, what did you guys find out?' I asked. 'Well, we found out that you got adopted by Zoe Andersen when you were twelve years old.' Nyla said. 'How?' I asked and Angela answered by putting their file down in front of me. They were my adoption papers. Then they started explaining how they got it. I couldn't stop staring at the paper as new tears rolled down my cheeks. After they explained everything, Angela stood up and walked around the table to my side. She hugged me for a moment and I let it happen. She didn't have that same feeling as Tim had, but it still felt good. 'Thank you.' I whispered, loud enough for both of them to hear. 'For what? We feel awful for not knowing.' Angela responded. She let me go and we locked eyes. 'No, thank you for finding out. I had absolutely no idea how to tell you. The only plan I could think of was telling you at her funeral, but it would probably not be the best time to find out.' I smiled faintly.

'Now I have two questions for you, if you're okay with that?' Nyla hesitated. 'Shoot.' I responded more confidently than I felt. 'Why did you hide this from us in the first place? I mean it would be way easier to just tell us at the beginning.' She asked. 'Well, At the academy, it didn't really matter, but I did see how much it impacted Jackson and didn't want that. That pressure to perform the best, because my mom is a Captain. Plus, I was afraid I wouldn't be put in this department, because then I would be under my mothers command.' I explained. 'Okay, one last question.' Nyla said.

'Why did you need to call Tim with Angela's phone?' She asked and I grinned a little. 'My phone is still in the office upstairs and I wanted to call him so he can pick me up.' I explained but that only confused them. I sighed and started explaining how I told Tim about my secret on the day Zoe died and then I told them who I ended up sleeping at Tim's place. It told them about everything, except the self harming, nightmare and the part where I slept in his bed, in his arms. I didn't really want to see their reaction so I stared at the table.

After I was done talking, I heard a knock on the door. 'Come in!' Angela shouted, knowing it was Tim. The door opened and Tim's head peeked around the corner. He walked in and closed the door behind him. He and I exchanged a slight smile. 'So, our want to be detectives finally found out what happened?' He asked, putting his hands in his pocket. 'Yes we didn't.' Angela responded. Tim looked at me. 'How did they find out?' He asked with his eyes. 'Mom had put my adoption papers between the casefiles and John and Jackson found them after they made me mad.' I quickly explained, but without the rest of the story, it was hard to understand. Now that Tim was here, I felt how tired I was. Tim probably saw it because he quickly ended the conversation. 'Okay, well you can explain it to me in the car. Come on, let's go.' He said, leaving no room for protest but he was still polite. I stood up and Angela and Nyla did the same. I gave them both a quick hug. 'Are you sure you want to stay with grumpy Tim?' Nyla asked, joking and I nodded. 'Yes, we'll be fine. Thank you.' We said goodbye and Tim and I walked out.

'Thank you for coming.' I said to him as we started walking to the car. 'Of course. Now, can you finally tell me what happened?' He asked. 'I will, but let me first get my phone. It's still in her office, I'll be right back.' I answered, looking up at the office door. The lights were still on, which meant, John and Jackson were still up there. I quickly looked back at Tim and he gave me a small nod, telling me it was okay. I went up the stairs and knocked on the already open door. Jackson and John both looked up. 'Hi.' I said, my voice tired and a little sad. 'Hi.' John responded. I walked in and grabbed my phone. I wanted to say something but I had no idea what. 'Thank you.' Was the first thing I got out of my mouth. Jackson turned around to me. 'For what? I feel awful. I should've never pushed you that hard. This wasn't my intention.' He sounded guilty. 'What, no. I understand why you did it and I, I would've done the same if I was in your place.' I smiled and walked up to him. I gave him a hug which surprised him a little but luckily, he hugged me back. 'Okay, well I'm going home and we can finish this tomorrow.' I said, letting Jackson go and taking a couple steps back. 'Alright, we'll finish sorting this so we can move it to the copy room tomorrow. And call us if you need anything, okay?' John said and I nodded. 'Thank you, see you tomorrow.' I waved them goodbye and walked back out, smiling a little.

'You're smiling, what happened?' Tim asked as soon as I got down stairs. 'No, nothing. I'll tell you in the car. It's a pretty long story.' I said and we walked back to the car. In the car I explained everything that happened to Tim. He was a little shocked to hear what happened in those 45 minutes he wasn't there. When we arrived at his home, I went straight to bed. Of course, Tim wouldn't let me sleep alone, so I slept in his bed again. I slept more peacefully than last night. I had no nightmares or whatsoever.