Chapter 17

All eyes turned to me and Gon once Midnight announced that we were worth 5 million points each. Everyone was going to be after us. Getting either of the 5 million points will basically guarantee anyone a spot in the finals. This'll be a lot harder now, not that we won't be able to deal with it, it'll just be a pain in the ass.

"Yay!" Everyone's eyes, including mine, darted over to the sound of cheering. Of course, the source of the cheering was Gon. He pumped his fist in the air, a huge smile stretched across his face. "Killua, this is going to be so much fun. Everyone will be after us so we have to be on our best game. No slacking off~." Gon said in a slightly teasing voice. There is no way he'll let me get away with doing the bare minimum on this. Despite how chill Gon was with his statements, it only caused everyone else's glares to harden. Gon just declared that he's not afraid of the 40 people going after him. Only an idiot would do something like that. And not just any idiot, only an idiot on Gon's level would do something so reckless.

"Yeah, I know." I wave off his comment. I'd probably be forced into giving at least a little effort anyways. They may be weaker, but they aren't completely powerless.

"So who else should we have on our team?"

"Please save your strategizing for when the allotted time has started." Midnight quickly squashed Gon's words, and went into explaining the rest of the rules. Everything is self explanatory, basically don't do anything this world considers stupid, and we'll be good. Once Midnight started the 15 minute clock for finding teams, Gon and I started strategizing.

"I'm so excited to fight people! Can I be the rider?" Gon said, doing some warm up stretches. "Oh, and who else should we have on our team?"

"You really want someone else?" I ask, sitting down and drawing circles in the dirt.

"It'll be more of a challenge if we have another person, otherwise we'll be able to fend off everyone no problem." Gon stopped stretching for a few seconds, putting his index finger on his chin. "Hmmmmmm. I know! We could invite Izuku!" Izuku seemed to already have a girl with him. The two were talking, presumably about some strategy to win.

"It looks like he already has someone, and I don't really want to deal with that girl." Gon looks over toward the two, seemingly disappointed at the realization.

"Perfect, it seems like you two are still all by yourselves." A new voice enters the conversation. A girl with pink hair and a whole bunch of machines came up towards us.

"Hi, I'm Gon. Who are you?" Gon immediately walked up to the girl.

"I'm a student from the support course. Mei Hatsume! I would like to use your guys' fame to my personal advantage." The Mei girl stepped closer to us, causing me to pop up to a standing position.

"Sorry, but we don't need your gadgets. We're plenty strong." I start walking away, but Gon lingers behind. "Gon!" I yell, expecting him to come with me.

"I'm coming!" He starts running to catch up with me.

"What'd you tell her?"

"I told her to ask Izuku. If recognition is what she's after, I'm sure Izuku will do something crazy that'll definitely draw people's attention toward him and then her!"

"Anyways, since no one else would be able to keep up with us, I say we stay by ourselves and focus on evasion."

"Awwww." Gon whines, I let out a long, exasperated sigh, the kind that says, 'Here we go again,' without uttering a syllable. "But fighting people would be so much more fun." I knew that Gon would say that.

"It's not like we won't fight. We'll just focus on evasion. With at least 5 teams going after us, it'll be nearly impossible to evade entirely. I'm just saying that we shouldn't take 5 teams on at once."

"But why..." Gon let out a drawn out whine. "It's not like we wouldn't be able to take them out."

"Gon." I put my palm to my forehead, shaking my head. "If it were any other situation, yes, we would be able to take them out, no problem, but with all the rules, we can't just knock them out. So here's the deal, you'll be the rider, and I'll be the horse, so that when we do have to fight, you'll get to do it. Just remember you have to stay on my shoulders, and don't let anyone snatch our headbands." Thankfully, Gon nodded his head. Which is good because if he said no then there was going to be anyone that could convince him to do anything except his reckless plan.

BZZZZZZZZZ

The timer for team making rung, signaling the end of planning. Gon jumps on my shoulders and once the countdown ends, we stay where we are and wait for teams to come to us to evade. As expected, a horde of teams ran to us right at the start. I start running away, but as I try to move my feet, I feel a heavy substance drawing me in. Someone must have a power that softens the ground like quick sand. I move my hand into my pocket, pulling out a taser. I zap my wrist. A familiar pain of electricity washes through my body. I place my hands into the softened ground, letting out a stream of electricity. I'm not sure who is causing this, but this should be enough for them to harden the ground again.

With the zap of electricity, all the teams in the surrounding area are temporarily paralyzed, giving us just enough time to run away. "Hold on tight, Gon." I ran away from the immediate attackers, but they weren't deterred from the running. Instead, they followed close behind. Honestly, their strategy sucked. Do they seriously think they have a chance against us? It'd be better to just focus on gathering smaller point values.

"Watch out, Killua!" Gon pushed my head down just in time for a purple ball to whiz over my head.

"Thanks."

"Of course." Gon smiled. "You got my back, right?"

"Huh? What do you-" Gon stood up on my shoulders and jumped off.

"Jan, Jan, Ken, ROCK!" Gon narrowly misses colliding with a guy with arms wrapped around 2 people, quickly reaching inside the arm fortress and grabbing the head band. Gon is suspended in the air for a few seconds. I quickly activate god speed, saving Gon from hitting the ground.

"What the hell was that, idiot!?"

"You did say you have my back." Gon sticks out his tongue, giving a childish look. Damn. He's as reckless as ever.

Bisky's POV

As a new staff member at UA, I was voluntold to watch the sports festival in the staff lounge with other heroes as it is the best way to gain connections. Or at least that's what the mouse told me.

"You're name's Biscuit, right?" A hero lady asked me. I believe her hero name is Mt. Lady. I nod my head to her question. "What do you think of the hero students?"

"Well, I've only been teaching them for a month, and they have pretty good battle instincts. Well most of them at least. And please, call me Bisky." I say, watching the TV. The camera pans over to Gon, who was midair, activating Jan Jan Ken. I bounce up from my seat. If that hits them, they're as good as dead. I watch the screen in anticipation, the punch narrowly missing the intended target. "What is that idiot thinking?" I let out a sigh of relief.

"You seem to know that student well." Mt. Lady lets out a small chuckle.

"I've been training him and his other teammate for a few months now. Their parents left them in my care."

"Really? You must've done something really nice for parents to hand their kids over to you like that."

"Sure." It's not like I can tell her I convinced these two kids to let me train them, and that their parents have no idea who I am. Though that's probably a good thing. I don't really wanna be on the Zoldyck's radar, or have to deal with Ging shenanigans.

Word Count: 1402

A/N: I hope you are enjoying this story. Please comment your thoughts and vote. Have a blessed day <3.

"You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you." Isaiah 26:3 NIV