057

In the desolate expanse, where the flames danced and smoke billowed, Kitty and Bai Qingqing stood as silent witnesses to a gruesome spectacle. Cris, a young woman whose life had been extinguished far too abruptly, was being consigned to the fiery embrace of eternity.

The stench of burning flesh permeated the air, mingling with the acrid odor of smoke. Kitty, her eyes fixed upon the incinerator, felt a profound sense of sorrow and remorse. Cris had deserved a proper goodbye, and now, finally, it was being bestowed upon her.

The flames consumed Cris's body with relentless fury, reducing her once-vibrant form to charred remains. The crackling of bones sounded like a chorus of tormented whispers, echoing in the minds of the onlookers. Kitty, her heart heavy with grief, couldn't bring herself to look away.

Bai Qingqing, unable to withstand the gruesome sight, stumbled back, gagging and vomiting. The horror etched upon her face was a testament to the unspeakable agony unfolding before their eyes. Kitty reached out to comfort her friend, but even her own words felt hollow in the face of such despair.

As the flames subsided, leaving only a pile of smoldering ashes, a profound silence enveloped the desolate landscape. The air seemed to hang heavy with unutterable sadness, as if the weight of Cris's untimely demise had settled upon their shoulders.

Kitty knelt down beside the remains, her fingers trembling as she reached for a handful of ashes. As they slipped through her fingers, she felt a surge of emotions wash over her: regret, anger, and a deep sense of loss. She whispered a prayer over Cris's ashes, her voice barely audible above the crackling of the embers.

"May you finally find peace, Cris," she murmured. "You deserved so much more than this."

Bai Qingqing, her tears now flowing freely, joined Kitty in offering a silent goodbye. Together, they watched as the last remnants of Cris were scattered by the wind, carried away into the vast unknown.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Kitty quietly asked Bai Qingqing

She nodded "I want to be useful for once."

°˖✧✿✧˖°

The desert wind howled, a mournful symphony against the towering sand dunes that stretched as far as the eye could see. The sun, a malevolent orb in the unforgiving sky, beat down mercilessly, baking the earth and turning the air into a shimmering mirage. Four figures, their faces etched with worry, stood at the precipice of a sand dune, their eyes scanning the endless expanse.

The wind, a hot, dry rasp, carried the scent of dust and desperation. Alpin, his nine tails whipping against the air, felt the frustration gnawing at him, a constant, aching throb.

Eros, his obsidian scales glinting in the harsh light, slithered restlessly beside him. “We should have never let those brats tag along,” he hissed, his voice as dry as the desert wind. Despite his annoyance towards his boys, he was rather nervous and fearful

The relentless search had driven them to the brink of despair. To make matters worse, Draco, Serpens, Nehebakau, and Ophiuchus, their children, had foolishly followed them and now were hopelessly lost.

Winston, his white fur matted with sand, let out a low growl. “We need to find them, Eros. Parker has gone his own way to find Qingqing, and we have to find Kitty and the young.” He scanned the horizon, the sun glinting off his silvery eyes.

The despair felt suffocating, a tangible weight pressing down on them. The vastness of the desert mirrored their own loneliness, the cruel sun a constant reminder of their dwindling hope. The bond, a flickering lifeline, led them deeper into the heart of the desert, a journey into the unknown where even the bravest hearts trembled. They were lost, but they would keep searching, for they had to. For Kitty, for Bai Qingqing, and for their children. Even if it meant facing their own darkness in the heart of the unforgiving desert.

Driven by instinct, Alpin sensed a flicker towards the heart of the desert. "Eros, try" he pleaded. Eros closed his eyes, concentrating intensely. A sharp headache pierced his skull, yet he managed to glimpse Kitty's presence—a faint flicker, as elusive as ever.

"She's alive," Eros announced with a sigh of relief. But this time, a grim expression etched itself across his face. "There's something off. She has that 'I'm up to no good' look."

The atmosphere immediately shifted, a blanket of dread settling over them. They all knew that Kitty, their fiery, impulsive mate, was capable of causing trouble, even when it wasn't intended.

The words hung heavy in the air. Winston's heart sank, praying that Kitty hadn't stumbled upon trouble. Eros turned his gaze towards another presence, feeling a surge of concern.

"This is bad," Crutis muttered, his usually stoic face etched with worry.

But then, Eros turned to Crutis, his gaze sharp. "And it seems she's not alone. I think Kitty's influenced your mate. Bai Qingqing has that same ‘I’m up to no good' look."

The air crackled with tension. They looked at Crutis, who was pale and uncharacteristically silent. He was known for his aggressive nature, his lack of control. To see him so quiet, to see the ‘I’m already dead’ glint in his eyes, was terrifying.

"What did she do?" Winston asked, his voice laced with fear and a deep, primal dread.

Eros shook his head, unable or unwilling to answer. He knew, deep down, that whatever Kitty had done, she was pushing the limits of acceptable behavior. And that, in the vast, unforgiving desert, could be a recipe for disaster.

As the sun dipped below the horizon, casting long, eerie shadows across the sand, the four males knew they had a dangerous situation on their hands. Their mates, their loves, were out there, embroiled in something they couldn’t understand. They had to find them, and fast, before whatever Kitty had started turned into something truly devastating.

A/n -

Helloooo, lovely people!! Are we liking the story so far?

Do tap those stars and comment. It keeps me motivated

Bye bye!!!